Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leesett

Could this be real...OC Eight???

OMG. So I started using this OC Eight stuff my Derm gave me (samples) and I think its actually helping my skin.

Okay, so I started applying it on my forehead and nose every morning and every night, its been two weeks and for the first time ever (in my life) I have not one single blackhead on my nose and my forehead has been pimple and blackhead free since using it. Since I could remember even when my face was crystal clear of acne I always had a blackhead problem on my nose and now its totally clear.

Could this be real can OC Eight actually help pores from getting clogged. Its made to help trap and lock away facial oil.

Has anyone else tried it?

I'm running out of the sample packets and a bottle of this stuff cost about $40. I'm still not sure If I want to start rubbing it all over my face but I don't know....so far I like what I'm seeing.

OMG. So I started using this OC Eight stuff my Derm gave me (samples) and I think its actually helping my skin.

Okay, so I started applying it on my forehead and nose every morning and every night, its been two weeks and for the first time ever (in my life) I have not one single blackhead on my nose and my forehead has been pimple and blackhead free since using it. Since I could remember even when my face was crystal clear of acne I always had a blackhead problem on my nose and now its totally clear.

Could this be real can OC Eight actually help pores from getting clogged. Its made to help trap and lock away facial oil.

Has anyone else tried it?

I'm running out of the sample packets and a bottle of this stuff cost about $40. I'm still not sure If I want to start rubbing it all over my face but I don't know....so far I like what I'm seeing.

I got no response to this. Oh well.

I think I'm going to start applying on other areas of my face but $40 for a bottle...that's gonna hurt.

I googled this and am puzzled .... it's just a mattifying gel, right?

I can't find the ingredients, are they listed on the package?

OC Eight's FAQ says this:

"Will OC Eight clog my pores?

No! In fact, in a clinical study where women applied OC Eight daily for four weeks, there was a trend towards fewer blackheads. "

They don't post any data from the study, though.

And the ingredients are:

Purified Water, Acrysorb (Brand of Acrylates Copolymer), Propylene Glycol, PEG-400, Carbomer 940, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, and Disodium EDTA.

I have no idea why that product would be helping with blackheads .... unless it is soaking up so much oil that it is basically drawing sebum right out of the pores?

interesting ..... most mattifiers aren't particularly effective.

I do wonder how much sodium hydroxide (aka lye or caustic soda) is in there, and what the overall product pH is. Alkaline products are very effective when it comes to removing oils, but they do damage the skin over time.

The sodium hydroxide is used in a small amount to neutralize the carbomer 940, which is highly acidic. Carbomer is generally used in very small amounts - less than one percent - so there isn't much sodium hydroxide present (since it's listed after the carbomer).

Some info about that here: *edit* Link didn't work. Google "carbomer 940/980" and look at the first result for the actual numbers. *edit*

The ingredient absorbing sebum is the acrylates copolymer. It encapsulates oil sort of like silica does.

aha, thank you! I wasn't familiar with carbomer at all.

If anyone else on the board is using this product, I'd love to know if you have similar results .....

That gel might change the appearance of your blackheads, but it won't make them go away.

The cause of blackheads lies deep in the skin. It takes longer then two weeks to deal with.

If your skin has really improved, it's caused by something you did longer ago then just two weeks.

Possibly she didn't have deep blackheads to begin with .... could've been superficial sebum plugs that oxidized and looked like blackheads.

I agree, I can't see why this product would help with true blackheads.

I can’t explain why but I’m positive that OC Eight is helping my pores stay clear. After washing my face last night I examined it and my nose and forehead are the only areas on my face that are totally free of clogged pores. Even when I wash it off I could see the out line of where I’ve been applying it, its like the texture of my skin is different there, it’s so smooth.

It’s so crazy…my nose doesn’t have any blackheads, I can’t believe it.

For the last past two months I started using 10% glycolic acid / 2.5% Salicylic acid pads on my face . It helps, it just never kept my pores totally clear.

I have a bit of a blackhead problem on my chin right now, I get them extracted and wipe with the acid pads twice a day but they just clog up again. I’m going to start applying the OC Eight and see if it truly makes a difference.

Hi

I used oc eight a few years back for excessive oil, tbh it made my face go all weird, kinda blotchy, or maybe i was being paranoid.

I dont remember too well. All I rememebr is that I didn't partiulcar love it or hate it.

It wasn't 40 bucks when I bought it, about £8 per tube, which is fairly small

--

I may try buying this again as its the summer, don't mind reporting to you all how it goes, because I have severe blackheads too and can tell you the progress

--

Atm its £10 for 45g tube, not a lot but enough to try I guess