Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sxdwfgtrhyuj

So I ate two pieces of chocolate two days ago.

We went on a trip to some university for the day and they were serving some snacks and I had two pieces of chocolate for the first time in I don't know how long. And today I have my first spot in almost exactly four weeks (I keep a log). Coincidence? I think not, never touching chocolate again. :|

Like the above poster said, probably a coincidence. But you know dark chocolate is good for you. :PAnyway, good luck!

It's just so annoying, even though I hadn't had a spot in 4 weeks, I still had marks all over my cheeks and chin and because of my dark skin colour it always takes several months for the marks to fade and the spot I got now has just added to all the marks I have before.

I haven't been clear for several years but I thought I was getting so close to it. :(

I don't think that chocolate would affect you in that manner, especially that quickly. Your skin cells go through a turnover process, and it usually takes a bit of time (more than a few days) for anything to actively affect your face to come to the surface.

Unless you are allergic to something within the chocolate (or highly sensitive to dairy), I wouldn't worry. Although for what it's worth, I notice that when I drink substantially more water and eat less refined sugars, my skin looks better. There isn't a huge decrease/increase in MY acne because of my diet. Then again, as I'm sure you've gotten from this site (I know I learned it here), acne is a very individualistic problem.

I break out when I eat excessive chocolate, I think it may just be me, evey body is different. But I dont' have the will to skip chocolate.

Yes I think its a coincidence. It takes three weeks for a pimple to even form on your face

No way... I've been getting pimples overnight (tiny ones) and I'm sure they weren't there before. Pimple = whitehead?

Yes I think its a coincidence. It takes three weeks for a pimple to even form on your face

No way... I've been getting pimples overnight (tiny ones) and I'm sure they weren't there before. Pimple = whitehead?

they werent there before because it takes three weeks to form on your face

Yeah, I doubt the just two pieces of chocolate would do that, but who knows. Maybe you're sensitive when it comes to junk food and breaking out? I just ate some jelly beans, my first treat in a while, I wonder if I'll break out.

They may appear overnight, but they were forming earlier. So there.

Exactly

Chocolate does break me out, I know for a fact. I miss it :(

Its probably not the chocolate, its milk chocolate.