Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The dermatologist at my University recently prescribed me to Tretinoin cream .025%. I've been searching the internet and this site and I'm pretty sure I have yet to see someone happy with the effects of the Tretinoin cream. I also read that the cream has an ingredient that can make acne worse. It's really frustrating to know my dermatologist prescribed me to something that could potentially make my skin worse, not better.

Should I go back and ask her for a prescription for the Retin-a Micro Gel, or even the Tretinoin gel? Or should I go ahead and just start the cream and see how it works for me? Oh, I forgot to mention she also prescribed me to 100 mg of Minocycline twice a day.

Like I said, reading up on the cream is beginning to get me reallllly discouraged :cry:

Thanks guys

I'd get the Retin A Micro Gel honestly..you can apply it immediently after washing bc. its water based..which also means A LOT less irritation. But yeah, the cream can clog pores..its up to you whether or not you wanna risk it and save a few dollars (how much your script cost).

I'd get the Retin A Micro Gel honestly..you can apply it immediently after washing bc. its water based..which also means A LOT less irritation. But yeah, the cream can clog pores..its up to you whether or not you wanna risk it and save a few dollars (how much your script cost).

My prescription was like $30 something dollars cause my insurance doesn't cover it or whatever. How much does the Retin-A Micro gel cost usually? Without the prescription.

Ok yeah, after searching around some more about the Tretinoin ream, I'm definitely going to switch over to the gel. This is really freakin' irritating that the stupid dermatologist prescribed me that stuff. UGHH! I wisshhh I would have searched around before I opened the stuff so I could get my money back -_-. Whatever, I guess I'll just have to deal.

Thanks Languages.

No problem. Tret cream is great for older people without acne but have wrinkles, but for people with acne prone skin it just won't cut it. :/

And the Retin A Micro without insurance would probably cost a lot I'd imagine..so I'm not too sure it'd be worth it..maybe the generic GEL?

How much does the Retin-A Micro gel cost usually? Without the prescription.

$174.99 for the cream with prescription (My insurance didn't cover it, so paid out of pocket). Not sure about the gel. I thought you needed a prescription to buy RAM.

How much does the Retin-A Micro gel cost usually? Without the prescription.

$174.99 for the cream with prescription (My insurance didn't cover it, so paid out of pocket). Not sure about the gel. I thought you needed a prescription to buy RAM.

Lol whoops. I meant without insurance.

Thanks guys