Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Today, this guy friend of mine saw my sister. He was like "your sister.." and i was like "what?". and then he went on saying how i was pretty and she was .. yeah and wouldn't continue stuff like that and I have pretty bad cystic acne too but it's getting better after 3 months on accutane and it makes me so mad how people judge my sister like that when she's an amazing person and was really pretty in september and then her face exploded with acne. She's on accutane too and it's making her face look worse and I don't know what to do because if it makes me t hat upset hearing people talk about her in those ways, I can't even immagine how it is for her. I keep on reminding her to put on benzoyl peroxide and feel rude when i constantly mention and criticize her skin but really want it to get better. I'm pretty sure it's the worst out of everyone at school. It actually seems like I'm embarrassed to go out with her, but it's just gotten that bad and the only reason is pretty much that I don't like how people are rude and ignorant like that, so we stay in. Do you think she can get cortisone injections in her bigger cysts? Or continue with face peels? Do you think my reaction and the way I acted was uncalled for?

That's depressing, I feel really bad for your sister. The good thing is that accutane will eventually start improving her face. After a few months she'll regain her beauty. Also, I suppose she could get her cysts injected if she wanted them gone quickly, or just wait for accutane to eventually get rid of them.

Today, this guy friend of mine saw my sister. He was like "your sister.." and i was like "what?". and then he went on saying how i was pretty and she was .. yeah and wouldn't continue stuff like that and I have pretty bad cystic acne too but it's getting better after 3 months on accutane and it makes me so mad how people judge my sister like that when she's an amazing person and was really pretty in september and then her face exploded with acne. She's on accutane too and it's making her face look worse and I don't know what to do because if it makes me t hat upset hearing people talk about her in those ways, I can't even immagine how it is for her. I keep on reminding her to put on benzoyl peroxide and feel rude when i constantly mention and criticize her skin but really want it to get better. I'm pretty sure it's the worst out of everyone at school. It actually seems like I'm embarrassed to go out with her, but it's just gotten that bad and the only reason is pretty much that I don't like how people are rude and ignorant like that, so we stay in. Do you think she can get cortisone injections in her bigger cysts? Or continue with face peels? Do you think my reaction and the way I acted was uncalled for?

It's sweet that you are so concerned for your sister, but the statement I bolded kind of shocked me. So you don't find her pretty now? Because I don't think acne can take away the beauty within someone. That's a lesson many people need to learn and sometimes it takes quite a long while to learn.

Regardless, I hope your sister finds relief because severe acne is not only emotionally painful for some but also physically, in some cases. If she is interested in cortisone shots, I'd recommend talking to her dermatologist first before making any of those decisions.

My brother had a severe acne outbreak two years ago, and it got to the point where I was really concerned. I would notice his acne, and I felt horrible because I knew what he was going through. I never brought up acne, because we don't have that type of relationship. But I knew he was hurting inside.

Your sister is going through a tough time right now. Acne sufferers just want to be treated normal, and not have their skin pointed out. Be very supportive, and remind her that you will be willing to listen to her problems. I've always wanted to have a sister.

my sister has acne 2, shes 14 now

ive had acne from 12 to 18 (wich im now) and still have it, it has been such a journey, especially around age 14-16, young people can be so rude on you when you have acne.

though ive been bullied alot, people didnt get me down that much.

and i just hope my sis can keep it up 2, she had a total breakout yesterday, and she was crying and stuff.

it just makes me feel so bad because i know exactly what she's going through, but i cant help her, because her acne is in a total different stage then mine, the regimen i use right now would propably not work for her. (its more based on scars, not active acne)

i truely hope that she doesnt have to go through the same shit ive been through, and that she doesnt end up with scars, but you know, acne knows no mercy

That sucks, I hope things improve. They should, considering the accutane. It seems the worse the acne, the more accutane helps. So best of luck to both of you.

It's sweet that you are so concerned for your sister, but the statement I bolded kind of shocked me. So you don't find her pretty now? Because I don't think acne can take away the beauty within someone. That's a lesson many people need to learn and sometimes it takes quite a long while to learn.

Regardless, I hope your sister finds relief because severe acne is not only emotionally painful for some but also physically, in some cases. If she is interested in cortisone shots, I'd recommend talking to her dermatologist first before making any of those decisions.

She's still pretty 'on the inside'. She's actually still pretty on the outside, but caked on makeup and bumps all over the face is not attractive at all. Everyone can agree that clear skin makes everyone a lot better looking. It gets to a certain point where acne deforms your face and that's all that people notice.

I am concern about my little brother! Although his acne isn't that bad. I've suffered from acne since I was 15. And I am 22 right now. My little brother is 16. He has long way to go, because at age 22+ it start to calm. I am 22, and I have no active acne! Only a few red spot from previous acne. We never have gotten crytics. We have acne because my dad had acne. =|

I have two other sister. One of them has acne! The other one though, doesn't get acne! She's lucky. Every time she gets a period she gets big acne..... like about 3-4. I guess that isn't that bad. There are people who have 10-15! And it hurts when I see them. Because I know how it feels.

I think I had had the most break out than my sister and brother. Some day it will stop. Just have to be patient.