Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shultzy1992

blackheads on accutane

Hey everyone,

So i've been on accutane for the last 4 months (40-60-60-60), and just began my last month on it :D . I am pleased with the results so far, however there is one thing can keeps bugging me-a few tiny bumps on both sides of my face, about an inch from the nose. They've been there since the second month, and they resemble blackheads i think. They are skin-colored, but raised in the slightest/barely noticeable. Since they've been there for a few months I don't think accutane will take care of them, but is there any way to extract them manually without squeezing/picking/irritation? Or should I wait a few months after accutane and get them removed by my dermatologist?

thanks!

Your skin is highly sensitive right now so I wouldn't try to mess with them. Since you're still on the course for a bit longer, why not see what your derm says on your next visit? Mine recommended alpha hydroxy acid so I bought Dan's AHA+ and it has been working well, but there's no way I could've used this stuff while on the course.