Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlexAlmighty

The facts of acne (part 1)

I will start a log of any observations about acne and see what we can find,i hope to find the friggin cure..so lets go

One of the most noticeable was that most ppl with acne are white..so to back this up with facts i counted the ppl in acne.org's gallery..

White:50

Asian:4

Black:1

interesting huh?

while looking at them i also noticed alot had blue/green eyes.

Maybe melanin quantity (the stuff that makes black ppl black tongue.gif ) is the cure...anyone can send me links with relative studies?

Also i noticed that white ppl whose origin is northern countries but are born or live in warmer climates get acne,maybe coincidence no idea.Also...ive observed like 5-6 families and i came to conclusion that genes have little to do with acne,maybe another coincidence who knows tongue.gif

Hey Alex,

Sorry, but that's hardly a fact.

The real fact is, the reason there are more people with European backgrounds here is that, this is an English speaking board! At least in the case of Asians. I'm sure that Asians with skin problems go to an Asian speaking board. tongue.gif

But not me...I know how to speak English now! :dance:

personally ive never seen an black,filipinno,anything else arabic/indian/mexican with acne,and i guess the ones you ppl mention are the ones that were born in your country which leads me to my 2nd before the end conclusion if you read my post again

^You've never seen a black person or filipino person with acne?? Hmm...I beg to differ.

I'm not putting up a fight just for the sake of it, as I also do believe that there is a connection between acne and your location in the world (related to diet), but you have to be more specific...and don't make sweeping generalizations, which contain so many theoretical holes.

I will start a log of any observations about acne and see what we can find,i hope to find the friggin cure..so lets go

Observation: Most people with acne wash their face with soap or cleanser.

I thought that Seal's scars were from doing drugs. That's what I heard about 10 years ago. lol

I'm Indian and I have acne, but I was born in the US. This can lead to another theory, that the American climate makes more acne. I traveled the world and have rarely seen people with acne problems as much as in US.

Alex- that is the most ridiculous "FACTS" I've ever read. I can refute everything you've said. Mexicans don't get acne??? Check out George Lopez he has bad acne scarring... Asians?? Hmm, ever seen Jet Li? Only people who come from Northern climates and then too the south get acne? WRONG! I am a 7th generation Texan on both sides of my family, going back to before 1850, so I should have flawless skin from your so called "facts". Thanks for the good laugh though......

Alex- you need to get out of your cave. It's weird but your statements almost anger me and I am very laid back. You can't just generalize like that. People all over the world have acne that's just the way it is. Of course there are places here and there where you won't find acne, but for the most part it's all over the world. For instance, just go to Wal-mart, I would imagine about 90 % of the people you see in there don't have much of an acne problem, and that's in the United States where it is supposed to be so terrible. The fact of the matter is that we overanalyze these things. And if only about 5 to 10% of the people I see in public have a noticable acne problem, then it isn't some huge epidemic. It's just a problem for us because we suffer from it. I study alot of photograpy and yes, I've seen people in Russia, China, India, Mexico you name it, and sure enough you are going to see a few people here and there with noticable acne problems. The only place I haven't really seen it is in alot of 3rd world countries.

"Also i noticed that white ppl whose origin is northern countries but are born or live in warmer climates get acne"

Intrigued by this comment as my family moved from UK to Australia.

Im the only one who was born in australia, no one else in my family had any acne problem at all. In my family the quality of skin seems to get worse as you go down the ages to me who is the youngest.

I would have to say from my experience that the darker your skin is the less likely you are to have bad acne. From what ive seen mostly asians and whites have bad acne, those with black or have much tan tend to have no problem.

Maybe the reason people in 3rd world countries do not have as much acne is because they are not as obsessed with cleanliness as we are. Perhaps we have all just washed our way to skin problems.

This is the most ridiculos thing I have ever heard. Every ethnic background has to deal with acne. It's a chronic disease. It is hereditary. What can trigger it to flare up is stress, bad diet, products that are comedogenic, hormonal fluctuations and the enviroment. I know people who have grade 4 acne and by using the prescribed medications and altering their lifestyles their skin has cleared up. They will get an occassional flare up because it never really goes away, it will stay dormant.

hope that this info helps.

Have to add in my two cents here. My background is Sri Lankan and I've had acne for 10 frigging years. My dad had it; my aunt had it; it's definately inherited. So there goes your bloody theory, mate.

The reason people in third world countries don't get as much acne is because the food they eat is lower in salt, sugar etc.

The reason people in third world countries don't get as much acne is because the food they eat is lower in salt, sugar etc.

now acne is based on ur ethnic backround??? wow!!! i'm part asian(philipino), white, and mexican, and everyone i know gets acne. I believe everyone deals with acne depending if it is severe, mild, etc... and if ppl take care of themselves.

If this is true, it seems we should be having more success in controlling acne through diet. But we are not.

If this is true, it seems we should be having more success in controlling acne through diet. But we are not.