Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sueellenrp

Whats a good DRUGSTORE makeup for acne?

I need concealer and foundation

ive been using maybelline mineral power, i like it better than liquid, i feel like its lighter on my face..

are there any others that are good for acne prone that doesnt break you out?

try bare escentuals...its expensive but the best make up out there as its so pure (made from rock minerals) that apparently u can even sleep with it on! Altho i never do!!! i dont think u can get it in drug stores but beauty salons usually stock it and they have this invisible powder called a mineral veil that u put over the foundation and it absorbs alot of the excess oil. its great at concealing too, especially if u wet the brush slightly before applying over a blemish

I found L'oreal Infinity to be quite good, although for me it's main benefit was that it came in a sufficiently pale shade. It is non-como :redface: ...that big long word which means it doesn't block your pores, spf15 and it covers blemishes really well-I found I didn't really need concealer. Also it's supposed to last 16hrs, I never found it lasted that long but it was long lasting, which means if you have oily skin it doesn't slide/melt off! In the UK it costs about £7-£9 for a bottle which lasts a good amount of time. I then used Rimmel clear-skin powder on top.

Physicians formula worked well- I really liked their concealer sticks because one came in green so it covered those nasty red pimples. It can seem greasy though..

For now I'm using neutrogena skin clearing concealer, fairly sheer.

For foundation I used to use department, so I can't help you there- sorry

maybelline colorstay. easy to apply, looks very natural, and there's two formulas: one for dry skin and one for oily skin