Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skribby

Is this rosacea or something else? (Pictures)

I get a few pimples here and there but my main problem is my cheek area near the sides of the nose and the jawline area. My forehead/t zone also has this problem.

Pictures:

1 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/1.jpg

2 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/2.jpg

3 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/3.jpg

Going through a breakout right now. Face feels realllly itchy and irritated, and also very oily (in real life, it looks like it's soaking).

Does anyone know what I might have? I get these red patches on the areas I explained above. They don't really look like acne. More like rashes or something. They're really itchy and the oil seems to be aggrevating them. I don't really get flaking though. Just redness that elevates into these rash like patches from time to time, especially when I break out.

Not sure how else to describe it other than the pictures.

Hydrocortisone is helping me right now. Any advice on what else I could possibly use? The itchiness is driving me crazy. I don't want to scratch it. Instead I just put water on it.

I'm no expert, but it looks like eczema (dermatitis). I used to get this on my face all the time. Hydrocortisone cream seems to be the only thing that helps.

Dermatitis is what I thought as well.

Do you have a doctor you can see? I don't think you want to keep using hydrocortisone cream indefinitely?

I have something similar, eczema and folliculitis. I use 1/4th sea salt and epsom salt mixed with 3/4ths distilled water in a bottle which I dab on with a cotton ball and leave on for 5 to 15 minutes then spritz off with pure distilled water in a spray bottle and pat dry. It'll get really red and dry while the salt is on but when you spray it off it'll calm the inflammation and itchiness. Might help till you can see a dermatologist or find a better method of getting rid of this stuff. Whatever you do, don't itch it or scrub it...

Thanks guys. Yeah, after searching around, I think I have a combination of folliculitis and eczema..

It looks like contact dermatitis to me. I just had a lovely episode of that right next to my nose and under my nose. It burned and itched. I applied hydrocortisone creme to it one night and then just left it alone after that as in the long run steroids can be damaging so I was paranoid about that, but it's been a few weeks now and it's been clearing up on it's own. It doesn't look oily anyone either, before it was just as you said, drenched in oil. You might want to see a dermatologist about it though if it persists or if it's a frequent occurrence. Good Luck!

Hmm.. I think I had one of those episodes last night too. My face was just itching and felt sore in the night, and yep... just looked into the mirror to find I was indeed having one of those "episodes". The redness / red spots elevated and were more noticeable, and like before, face was also soaking (oily). Gah.. this is so annoying. I don't even know what I did. I think because I sweated quite a bit throughout the day and didn't wash my face, or maybe because I was eating alot of M&M's (chocolate) at night, lol.

Sigh.

It doesn't look like rosacea. STOP using the hydrocortisone! Look up steroid induced rosacea on these boards and the search engine of your choice to see why (permanent redness, damaged skin, bacterial, fungal, yeast infections, cracked, dry, bleeding yet oily skin with bumps and pimples...)

What has your dermatologist said it is? If you haven't been to one, that's what I suggest doing.