Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skribby

Please help me! What do I have? (Pictures)

I get a few pimples here and there but my main problem is my cheek area near the sides of the nose and the jawline area. My forehead/t zone also has this problem.

Pictures:

1 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/1.jpg

2 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/2.jpg

3 - http://www.sydneywebmasters.com/acne/3.jpg

Going through a breakout right now. Face feels realllly itchy and irritated, and also very oily (in real life, it looks like it's soaking).

Does anyone know what I might have? I get these red patches on the areas I explained above. They don't really look like acne. More like rashes or something. They're really itchy and the oil seems to be aggrevating them. I don't really get flaking though. Just redness that elevates into these rash like patches from time to time, especially when I break out.

Not sure how else to describe it other than the pictures.

Hydrocortisone is helping me right now. Any advice on what else I could possibly use? The itchiness is driving me crazy. I don't want to scratch it. Instead I just put water on it.

You're right that it does look like a rash- especially the itchiness. Go see your derm and see if they can test for dermatitis or folliculitis. I fungal folliculitis on my forehead/temples (but not on my cheeks) and it looked a lot like that. I cleared it up with Nizoral shampoo.

You're right that it does look like a rash- especially the itchiness. Go see your derm and see if they can test for dermatitis or folliculitis. I fungal folliculitis on my forehead/temples (but not on my cheeks) and it looked a lot like that. I cleared it up with Nizoral shampoo.

Hmm.. is Nizoral shampoo prescription only?

Update: Starting to get flaking now in t-zone area. Mainly area between eyebrows / top of nose.

I think there is a milder OTC formulation and a stronger prescription formulation ..... I was able to buy the stronger one on Amazon.com at one point, however.

I think there is a milder OTC formulation and a stronger prescription formulation ..... I was able to buy the stronger one on Amazon.com at one point, however.

Was able to find both 1% and 2% at a local pharmacy, so it's all good.

How did the nizoral work out for you?

Too harsh and drying for regular use on my face. I now use a zinc pyrithione cleanser from DermaDoctor.

A lot of people say Nizoral is too drying/harsh for them but I found it to be really gentle- way more gentle than Head and Shoulders. Not sure why.

yeah, I have trouble with Head & Shoulders too. And with the ZNP bar, which a lot of people like. Even the cleanser I use now can get to be too much for me. :(

Everyone's skin is different ... there's always some experimentation involved with this stuff.

Hmm.. damn, not sure what to do now, lol. Was hoping to try Nizoral 1%, but a little turned off now.

It works for lots of people ... don't let me put you off! I'm older and have drier skin than most people on this board.

Hmm.. it's not THAT itchy. Just itchy enough to be annoying. It's bearable. Putting water on it relieves it.

Anyone else have any opinions on what I could possibly have, or anyone else able to relate to my symptoms?

looks like seborrhoeic dermatitis. i had it when i was 16 or so. it was soooo itchy and isolated around my nose. it only really itched if you just lightly touched it. took an antibiotic to clear it. im not sure which antibiotic it was though.

i feel your pain. i first used a shampoo that didnt work. got an Rx for another shampoo that didnt work. finally got the pills that cleared it up permanently.

pm me if you need any more insight. good luck!

How's your skin doing, Skribby?

I am currently experimenting with a product called Psoriasin -- the active ingredient is coal tar, in a gel formulation.

In the last couple of days it has completely cleared up all existing bumps and flaky areas.

Downside: it smells horrid. :(

Hey LionQueen, going through another breakout, lol.

It's now itching/getting red near the side of my mouth and jawline aswell.

Also getting these red bumps that only appear when I'm breaking out, but seem to subside slowly while the breakout "calms down".

I'll have a look into Psoriasin. Is that prescription?

Nope, OTC. I ordered from drugstore.com.

Coal tar is in some medicated shampoos that work well against SD, but I have trouble using shampoos on my skin. This gel is MUCH gentler.