Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hormonal51

spiro & supplement interaction

Hello everyone,

I am a new member, and in my 50's. My question is whether it's ok to take spiro & evening primrose oil supplements in conjunction. My derm prescribed 100mg of spiro daily for my facial acne, which I have just started taking (2nd day). I am also taking 1000mg of evening primrose oil daily. I am not one to take medication unless it's absolutely necessary, but thought I would give spiro a try. Have taken minocyclin in the past (about 3 yrs ago) with some improvement, and do NOT want to be on BC pills. Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks,

hormonal51

I take mine with evening primrose oil, vitamin e, and zinc...haven't read anything to the contrary and it doesn't say in the information leaflet that you can't combine the two.

I take mine with other supplements too, I'm pretty sure it's fine. I've been on Spiro for about 9 months now but I'm acne free for the past 4... hopefully it works for you too!

Best bet is to find a naturopathic pharmacist/chemist and ask a professional, just to be sure. Every once in a while it's good to get what is called a brown bag consultation. Put all the stuff you're taking into a lunch sack and go see the pharmacist.