Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey guys,, been thinking a lot... most of you know my story.. from being a hot guy to a loser dork lol..

i know how scars hindered me from all the thongs i wanna do like joining a singing contest modeling partying without worrying what would people think of your scars right..

i have been depressed for a very long time to the point of thinking suicide and actually doing it.,..

i have been crying to my sleep and used dreams as my escape from the real world but these past few days my scars haunt me even in my dreams which make me super depressed.. im so tired of crying.. but recently i force my self not to get depressed but as i try hard not to think abt it, i still find myself crying without even noticing it... i talk to God everyday... i talk to him not to ask for anything like making my scars go away lol but i told him how i feel and how depressed i am...

i figured out that battling with scars is a long process and many of us lose in this battle....

i kind of accepted that i could never be the guy i was before and can never be the guy i would want to be....

sorry guys this is long... just been pondering lately....

it really annoys me when someone would see my mutiply facebook or downelink and asks for my number or information coz they find me attractive lol... it annoys and pains me coz my scars arent obvious in the pics so i know what kind of a man i COULD have been without these scars...

SCARS RUINED MY LIFE BUT I ACCEPT IT.. IM UGLY LOSER AND WHATEVER YOU CALL IT...

Honestly, try going outside a few weekends. Go to clubs, parties, whatever. Act completely normal and confident as if you had no scars.

I've dated guys with scars. I dated a guy that has severe acne scarring. He was/is still completely confident and he is always dating beautiful girls.

My scars used to bother me greatly, being a girl and scarred up is not so acceptable as it would be for a man. Men are expected to have a rough appearance you know? But after so many years i've realized they will never go away. No point in being so depressed about them. They're a part of me, and each one tells a story.

Maybe some day, someone will invent some miracle procedure that can completely erase the appearance of scars. Until that day comes though, learn to start accepting them, or maybe look in to one of the more promising procedures like Fraxel.

If you aren't in therapy you need to go into therapy. You need to tell yourself STOP when you give yourself negative messages.

No amount of positive affirmation on this message board is going to help you feel better in the long run; you are going to have to take that first step yourself. You are going to have to get into therapy. If you are in therapy, you need to check into cognitive behavioral therapy; that will give you tools and techniques you can put into practice right away for immediate assistance with your poor coping skills and negative attitude towards yourself.

If your scars don't show in pictures, they can't be all that bad. Mine show in pictures. And guess what? I'm STILL gorgeous. ;) And self-confident, obviously. :lol:

So...yes...you can get there too.

why do these posts seem trollish.

if you want to rant and cry and whine and bitch here then go ahead. But please stop making posts that question whether people should give up and please stop calling yourself an ugly loser because of scars. I can't see how it would help anyone.

if you're going through a tough time then I'm sorry and rest assured alot of us feel the same.

Hey man, I'm sorry about how your feeling. Scars are a horrible experience for anyone to deal with. I will say this though, that having scars doesn't make you a loser. You are human and have imperfections like everyone has their own. And I think having acne or scars, we beat ourselves up so much sometimes and perceive oursleves in a horrible way, and believe everyone else views us that way too. I knew a kid in high school who had a very serious case of acne caused scars on his face yet he was dating the pretiest girl in school. It's all about attitute man, he acted confident and women could see right past his imperfections into his inner self. Your not a loser, just a human with a difficult stuggle. And please don't even think about suicide, when you do try to think of people with more severe problems, like amputees coming back from Iraq who are just happy to live. And think about the ones who love and care about you, and the pain you would cause them if you were gone. As hard as it is, just try to be your normal self and you will be suprised how many people see past your flaws. ;)

Dude, you're not a dork or a loser. The acne/scars are not your fault. I understand feeling down on yourself, but really it's beyond your control so stop hating yourself for it.

And it's not the scars preventing you from being the "man you could have been" it's YOU and your attitude. I know it's tough but you have to get over those scars and never let them hold you back.

Good luck.

i feel the same way. i was stripped from life when my face was left scarred. i was good-looking and extremely confident. now, i'm the quietest person in school and cant look anyone in the eye. all my self-confidence has disappeared.

A lot has already been said. I don't want to sound redundant, but I feel that your pattern of thoughts need to change. I'm glad you have decided to not kill yourself, but those tendencies are probably still there.

You are NOT ugly, no matter the way in which you see yourself. I hope you can see that yourself someday.

Honestly, try going outside a few weekends. Go to clubs, parties, whatever. Act completely normal and confident as if you had no scars.

I've dated guys with scars. I dated a guy that has severe acne scarring. He was/is still completely confident and he is always dating beautiful girls.

My scars used to bother me greatly, being a girl and scarred up is not so acceptable as it would be for a man. Men are expected to have a rough appearance you know? But after so many years i've realized they will never go away. No point in being so depressed about them. They're a part of me, and each one tells a story.

Maybe some day, someone will invent some miracle procedure that can completely erase the appearance of scars. Until that day comes though, learn to start accepting them, or maybe look in to one of the more promising procedures like Fraxel.

i wish i have the confidence of that man you were talking abt. lol

If you aren't in therapy you need to go into therapy. You need to tell yourself STOP when you give yourself negative messages.

No amount of positive affirmation on this message board is going to help you feel better in the long run; you are going to have to take that first step yourself. You are going to have to get into therapy. If you are in therapy, you need to check into cognitive behavioral therapy; that will give you tools and techniques you can put into practice right away for immediate assistance with your poor coping skills and negative attitude towards yourself.

If your scars don't show in pictures, they can't be all that bad. Mine show in pictures. And guess what? I'm STILL gorgeous. ;) And self-confident, obviously. :lol:

So...yes...you can get there too.

in different angle and lighting my scars show in pics lol so i try to do silly things just to avoid being exposed lol.. thanks btw :)

why do these posts seem trollish.

if you want to rant and cry and whine and bitch here then go ahead. But please stop making posts that question whether people should give up and please stop calling yourself an ugly loser because of scars. I can't see how it would help anyone.

if you're going through a tough time then I'm sorry and rest assured alot of us feel the same.

sorry.. didnt mean it to be that way :(

Hey man, I'm sorry about how your feeling. Scars are a horrible experience for anyone to deal with. I will say this though, that having scars doesn't make you a loser. You are human and have imperfections like everyone has their own. And I think having acne or scars, we beat ourselves up so much sometimes and perceive oursleves in a horrible way, and believe everyone else views us that way too. I knew a kid in high school who had a very serious case of acne caused scars on his face yet he was dating the pretiest girl in school. It's all about attitute man, he acted confident and women could see right past his imperfections into his inner self. Your not a loser, just a human with a difficult stuggle. And please don't even think about suicide, when you do try to think of people with more severe problems, like amputees coming back from Iraq who are just happy to live. And think about the ones who love and care about you, and the pain you would cause them if you were gone. As hard as it is, just try to be your normal self and you will be suprised how many people see past your flaws. ;)

i feel the same way. i was stripped from life when my face was left scarred. i was good-looking and extremely confident. now, i'm the quietest person in school and cant look anyone in the eye. all my self-confidence has disappeared.

i feel the same way

A lot has already been said. I don't want to sound redundant, but I feel that your pattern of thoughts need to change. I'm glad you have decided to not kill yourself, but those tendencies are probably still there.

You are NOT ugly, no matter the way in which you see yourself. I hope you can see that yourself someday.

thanks, i hope to :(

I agree with you on how you feel. I often think about the " What could have been..." idea whenever I look closely at my cheeks. But seriously, we should both try to realize that outer looks are superficial and that we should move on to pursue our goals that benefit our minds. Besides, in 20 or so years, people won't be looking at us for our looks, but rather on our experience and knowledge.

Look on the bright side, you have scars but not acne/red marks. :)

Best of luck to you, hang in there.

goodluck to you and to your other issues in life...

*moderator edit*

yes i believe that there is someone u there knowing our struggles in life

do you still believe in god?

Hey Newlife,

I'm not impressed with life. Look at all of the problems that surround us. Turn on the news and watch the horrific amount of violence that humans just like us commit. I wish I could live in paradise. The problem is that this fictional paradise has already been marketed for thousands of years by people who want control. They tell you to have faith, and your questions will be answered. I have a couple of questions: Why do we have to suffer in life? Why are we born with original sin? Good luck finding a guarantee on your investment of faith. Nobody knows what the hell happens once that final breath comes out.

Fear controls the world. Fear is why you can't get over your acne scars. You say you want clear skin, but where did that thought come from? It was given to you by the outside. Your innocence was destroyed, and the need to be like everyone else entered your mind. The desire to be accepted will kill you. The only one administering the punishment is you.

What keep me alive is personal strength. It comes from within. I follow my passions, and block out the evil influences that leech onto me like parasites. What do you do when someone violates your personal space? What is your first reaction when a blood sucking mosquito lands on your skin? You slap it off. You're telling the mosquito "Get the fuck off me". That should be your reaction towards the outside world. They're preying on your fears, and they will exploit you for their own personal gain. Find the courage to accept your skin, or continue down the road to acceptance with the rest of the drones.

Don't give in. Live by the golden rule. Treat everyone with kindness and respect. Love will keep you alive. Take it from someone who's all to familiar with the pain you're feeling.

hey guys,, been thinking a lot... most of you know my story.. from being a hot guy to a loser dork lol..

i know how scars hindered me from all the thongs i wanna do like joining a singing contest modeling partying without worrying what would people think of your scars right..

i have been depressed for a very long time to the point of thinking suicide and actually doing it.,..

i have been crying to my sleep and used dreams as my escape from the real world but these past few days my scars haunt me even in my dreams which make me super depressed.. im so tired of crying.. but recently i force my self not to get depressed but as i try hard not to think abt it, i still find myself crying without even noticing it... i talk to God everyday... i talk to him not to ask for anything like making my scars go away lol but i told him how i feel and how depressed i am...

i figured out that battling with scars is a long process and many of us lose in this battle....

i kind of accepted that i could never be the guy i was before and can never be the guy i would want to be....

it really annoys me when someone would see my mutiply facebook or downelink and asks for my number or information coz they find me attractive lol... it annoys and pains me coz my scars arent obvious in the pics so i know what kind of a man i COULD have been without these scars...

SCARS RUINED MY LIFE BUT I ACCEPT IT.. IM UGLY LOSER AND WHATEVER YOU CALL IT...

Hm, how bad are your scars? >_<

i

Hm, how bad are your scars? >_<