Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had subcision with Dr.Chu in london just over 2 weeks ago and with one of my scars there is a large hard lump left.Has anybody else had this problem after subcision and will it resolve itself over time?

regards andy

it should resolve on its own by 5-6 weeks .but even if it does not resolve doctor can always try

saline injections , it helps break scar tissue .And if saline injections don't help then you can ask doctor for intradermal corticosteroid injections.

i got one "hard" tissue after subcision in my chin.. it's goes away :)

I had subcision with Dr.Chu in london just over 2 weeks ago and with one of my scars there is a large hard lump left.Has anybody else had this problem after subcision and will it resolve itself over time?

regards andy

My doctor said that the "hard tissue" is typically a sign that collagen is developing. If it persists past five weeks, you may have a subcutaneous nodule that can be treated with a cortisone shot.

It is, most likely, new tissue that is growing.

I had subcision in March 2009 and I am developing "soft" bumps from time to time. The bumps fade away after a week or so. It seems that 10 weeks after the subcision my skin is still healing and improving.

For those that had subcision: How long was your healing period after subcision and how long did you wait between your first and second subcision? How satisfied are you with your results?