Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elliebellie99

My Diane 35 Log.

Hey guys.

So I've decided to do a log to monitor my progress on Diane 35, or Estelle as it's called in Australia, but it's the same thing.

I have actually never struggled with my skin. I'm almost twenty, and I've never had much of a problem with skin before. When I was in my teens I had a bit of acne, but Diane 35 cleared that up. I stopped taking it a while back and it seemed okay. Then I went onto Yaz, and boy was that a mistake. Not only did my face start producing acne, but my moods got so much worse, so after 3 months, I made the decision to stop, it was not helping me at all, it was making everything much worse. That's not to say Yaz doesn't work for some people. My doctor said that Yaz is the newest pill and is promising all these amazing things, but really, the best pill is Diane 35, it's been aroun for 20 years and has produced a lot of positive results.

So I've now been on Diane 35 for two weeks. I hope that this log can perhaps assist others who are having troubles with their skin.

The first week I was on Diane was fine. I noticed a decrease in my anxiety most definitely. I didn't have any troubles with my skin i that first week, apart from several pimples I already had.

Week 2 was a struggle. I woke up one morning with a million new pimples, some of them painful bumps. I was disappointed but I know that you simply canot see results in the first two weeks so not disheartened!

Today is my 15th day on Diane 35, so I guess I'll start writing detailed observations from here. I only have pimples on my face, nowhere else, and they are not too bad. I'm pretty lucky in that respect. But hey, it's really mild, but everyone wants to be pimple free I guess, so I still hope this helps my become clear.

So anyway, I have a few scars here and there, and about 5 red pimples. I also have a lot of bumps under the skin, but they can be attributed to my skin on Yaz. They've been there for well over a month. But I guess on the plus side, since starting Diane, they haven't been spreading any further over my skin like they were previously. But they are tough, hopefully they will begin to go away soon. I haven't really noticed any changes since yesterday, which I guess is a good thing.

I always touch and pick at my face also, and I know this isn't a great idea.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from anyone who has any advice. It's been about 4 years since I was last on Diane, and I can't remember whether I suffered from any initial breakout. I feel like I have broken out in the last week pretty badly compared to normal, but they seem to go quite quickly, and in the past week the breakouts seem to be becoming less and less often, which I guess is a plus.

So yeah hit me back with your advice and experience if you have any, and I'll check back again tomorrow hopefully.

Good luck everyone.

Hey guys.

Day 16 today. Not really much change today. No new pimples today. Just a whole bunch of scars really, and a couple of pimples that have been there for a while. does anyone know good scar removal cream? would be greatly appreciated.

I think some of those little skin coloured bumps under the skin have decided to turn into little red dots, but nothing too serious. so far so good. I've got 6 days left of the first pack and I've decided I'm going to skip the sugar pills to try and finish the first couple of packs as quickly as possible. Well I guess we will just have to see what tomorrow brings I guess.

i'll write back later guys, good luck.

Day 17

Not much changes so far. I got a lovely new big red pimple on my cheek today, and some of those little spots have flared up. All in all, not great, but I've been really trying hard not to pick at my face and I think that's helping. Some of the other pimples have gone but they've left some pretty ugly scars so I'm not looking great atm. Hopefully I'll go get a peel next week to see if that'll help those bad boys go away.

I'll check in again tomorrow. I've got five days of the first pack to go so hopefully things start getting a bit better after this pack is over. The doc says a couple of months is ht emagic number so hopefully it works. I gave Yaz 3 months but all it did was make my skin the worst it's ever been and make me totally depressed.

Good luck guys

Diane Day 18

Not too many changes today. Still pretty much the same as yesterday. Some pimples are going down and there's just a whole lot of scars now all over my cheeks and jaws. I still have a heap of pimples but I bought some pretty good tinted moisturiser which makes me feel a lot better without having to wear makeup... because when I wear makeup it just makes me feel like I'm making it worse.. Its an Ultraceuticals tinted daywear moisturiser with spf30 which is a plus.

Anywho I'll write back tomorrow. I'll probably break out something chronic as I had a rather large drinking night last night and a shitload of coffee today... arghhhhhh. I hate this, please work Diane please please please. Oh well, they say the first month is the worst so that's almost over, so hopefully if I skip the sugar pills and start the next pack I'll be able to start seeing results faster. I hope it works. Yaz absolutely ruined my skin, and I just want to get back to normal.

I'll check back in again tomorrow.

Day 19

Not too many changes today either. It's still the same as yesterday, but I'm feeling blue because I've got pimples that have been there for two to three weeks and won't budge. The scars are all over my face and won't go either, which makes me face look even worse. I've only got two days left of the first pack. All in all, I haven't really seen any changes this first pack. But I understand that this is completely normal. It even says on the Diane website that at three months, SOME people will see changes. I hope that's me. And I hope this works. I'm willing to stick this one out but I just hope I don't have to wait forever to see results, it really gets me down. Sigh.

Goood luck.

Day 20

Hmmmm. I really can't figure out what's going on. Got another huge pimple today. I'm pretty sure that it's just the little bumps that have been under my skin since I started Yaz finally coming out though. Well that's what I like to tell myself.. it's my skin purging. Not feeling great today. I've just got these couple of pimples that have been there for weeks and honestly will not go away. Feeling disheartened. Please work soon Diane, please. My face is a mess. I guess on the plus side my breakouts are becoming less and less frequent and not as bad when they come, and my skin feels way less oily, but these pimples just won't go away! I start my new pack the day after tomorrow, and hopefully this month is a bit better. I'm so awfully sick of this. My face is filled with scars and little bumps that just won't go away, and pimples that stay for two/three weeks at a time. I am just so desperate from progress. Sigh.

Good luck everyone.

Day 21

I have had a horrible breaout today. 3 enormous painful cysts have appeared. I guess it's because I'm due to start my period tomorrow but I honestly look horrible. They are enormous and enflamed. I'm going straight to the next pack to minimise the PMS breakout damage. I didn't leave the house today, horrible.

All in all, at the end of this first pack, I'm not sure if there have been any changes for the better yet. But I know this is normal. A lot of these pimples I've been getting this month are like the little whiteheads/comedones that have been sitting under my skin. I like to think that the Diane 35 is pushing out the impurities and purging my skin a little.

I'm hopeful and cautiously optimistic that things will get better tomorrow onwards, when I start the second pack, but right now, I'm honestly feeling pretty down in the dumps.

Day 22 (First Day of second pack)

Wow, what a shit of a day yesterday. I guess I just felt so incredibly frustrated, I knooow it's going to be a minimum of six weeks before I start seeing anyyyy changes at all on average, but I guess I was just hopeful that things were looking up. No new changes today, although one of the cysts has stopped hurting and gone down a little. I've decided that I scrub my skin way too much. So I've swapped to a reeeeally mild cleaners because I honestly think that I am exacerbating the problem ten fold with a stupid long skincare routine with a million different products.

My doctor told me that really all the products do is keep the skin clean so it doesn't really even matter what you use on your skin. So I'm just going to use my Johnson's sentitive skin wash for a while and see if that just calms things down a little. I hope it helps. Really, I've just got to be PATIENT and wait until the Diane starts working, however long that may be. It's just hard, and I'm sure many people out there can understand where I'm coming from. When all you want is clear skin, it's so disheartening waking up in the morning and having your tiny spark of hope extinguished for another day.

Anyway, I guess I'll check back tomorrow. I hope things start looking up this month. I think that is month will be just the same as the first, perhaps worse. But I guess what I need to remind myself is that EVENTUALLY, things will come good. I've just got to give it time. Time is the key.

On that note, good luck everyone, and more tomorrow.

Day 24

I didn't post yesterday but basically same as the day before. Same with today, no new changes. My skin has been feeling a lot dryer, which is perhaps a good thing. I went and saw my doc about somehing unrelated but he said that it's doing a good job of drying out my skin and things. I'm also on doxycycline for just under a month so I think that's also beginning to help.

Doc said that I should start seeing real results in about a month which is good. Hopefully the month goes quickly and I do start seeing some results. My skin is alright at the moment, two of the horrible cysts have disappeared pretty quickly. I have one horrrrrible painful pimple on my forehead, but apart from that just a whole lot of little bumps and scars. But they seem to have definitely stopped proliferating since I changed from Yaz to Diane three weeks ago. Oh well, hopefully more changes soon. Two days without a breakout is quite good, but I'm expecting another any day, it's just what I've come to expect really.

More tomorrow.

Day 25

Sigh.

I think today it's worse. I still have that horrible cyst on my forehead that I cannot pop, along with some new pimples on my cheeks and chin. I'm feeling horrible, I hate looking in the mirror.

Cmon Diane please work soon, I'm feeling terrible.

That's about it really today.

Day 26, Pack 2

More pimples have appeared, not huge cystic ones but red dots. They keep coming out where I've had little skin coloured bumps for months. So my dad thinks that this is their way of coming to the surface and getting out of my skin. I don't know, I just know that I look and feel horrible. My skin hurts, and so does my heart. I'm really struggling with it all at the moment, I just want it to get better but it just isn't. I honestly don't know what to do. Patience is the key I guess, but right now I just want to curl up in a hole and never come out again. I am just feeling so hopeless and lost, I'm trying everything and all I want is results. I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

:(

Day 27, Pack 2

Well hmmm. yesterday afternoon one of the dots turned into a lovely big painful whitehead, so I popped that sucker this morning, silly me. That one had been there forever - just another one of the skin coloured bumps I had whilst I was on Yaz. Thanks for nothing Yaz, it's been so bad for me. I had sooooooo many comedones all over my chin and cheeks, and they're the ones that are coming to the surface now. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it's their way of purging. It's the only way I can get through this every day when I look in the mirror. Some of the other comedones seem to be going down a little, but I feel like there's still a fair way to go. All in all, I'm not TOO concerned because all the zits I've been getting are just the same ones that I've had for ages on my face, maybe this is the only way to get rid of them.

Anywho, not too many changes today, except that awful painful pimple on my forehead is slowly going down and becoming less red. I started taking vitamin A and zinc last week too. I have no idea if it'll help but it makes me feel better.

PLEASE START WORKING SOON DIANE - - or maybe, it is already working, by getting rid of those pesky bumps. Either way, all I want is clear skin, soon. I'm going to a desert island with my boyfriend in a month for a summer holiday so I just wish that it's a bit better by then.

More tomorrow.

Day 27, Week 1 of Pack 2.

So no new changes today. The pain on my two horrible cystic numbers have subsided. Nothing new and exciting has cropped up. I still have quite a few little comedones around my chin, but they don't seem to be doing anything exciting, just doing what they do and annoying me. I hope they start to go away soon.

Day 28, week 2 pack 2

Well, nothing new today. The two painful pimples have stopped being painful, they are just healing slowly now. I'm just waiting for a new awesome one to start, that's usually the way it happens. The others get better, and then you start to feel hopeful, and bam there comes another to spoil your tentative dream. Hah.

Anywho, if I have to be honest, I have seen a SMALL improvement in my skin. Take for example, this time last week. My skin was pretty horrible. This time this week, it's not great, but it sure is better. I'll just take solace in that. Slowly but surely, the skin coloured bumps that Yaz the worst pill ever gave me are minimising. I mean, they're still there but god when I think back to what they looked like 2 months ago I'm thanking my lucky starts. The doc said to give it another month. So that is what I shall do.

I've gotten a couple of small red ones come to the surface, but nothing I'm too worried about at this stage.

All in all, so far, Diane has definitely led to an improvement in my skin and mood. Not a large improvement in my skin, but really it's only the beginning of the 5th week so I've still got a long road ahead of me, with (I'm very sure) a lot of ups and downs to come.

That's all for today

Day 29, Pack 2, Week 5

Hmmm today there are also not really any changes. Haven't had a breakout in a couple days which is good. I probably just jinxed myself though but meh It's what I've come to expect. My skin is actually really dry at the moment - possible from the Doxycyline but who knows. Everything seems to just be healing, and the little skin coloured bumps on one side of my face are certainly disappearing. I'm cautiously optimistic. It's certanly not as bad as it was, and the painful cyctic pimples seem further between now, which is comforting. But I'm sure I'll have another big breakout soon enough, but I'm mentally prepared for it! More tomorrow, hopefully I'm still on the mend. Who knows though..

Good luck

Day 30, Week 5, Pack 2

Hmmm. Not many changes for the good or the bad today. Same pimples as before, no cycstic ones, just lots of red dots. They're not hugely noticeable, they're just there from all these little bumps I still have. I mean, the bumps are what is really annoying me. When they finally start disappearng for good, then I'll be a lot happier. It's so annoying when I'm feeling generally a lot better about my skin, but those bumps are still there, just waitng to become pimples, some very painful. I still maintain that my skin has improved, not much so far, but I feel like it has.

Anywho, more tomorrow. I'm feeling a little down today about it all, but still hopeful, and I feel like at least there's been some small improvement. My skin is still reaally dry, I think that must be from the doxycyline and the pill combined.

And also, my doctor told me that it's a myth that the doxycycline decreases the effectiveness of the pill. That's something that they thought was a possibility years ago, in the 80's. I'm on 50 mg of doxycycline daily and it makes absolutely no difference to the effectiveness of my pill. So there.

Day 31, Pack 2, Week 5

Hmmmmm not too many changes today. I've got a couple more red dots but again they've been there foreever and are now rearing their ugly heads. I'm still hopeful that things are finally beginning to go in the right direction... but I just don't know. I'm feel a little bit down again. I've got so many scars all over my face now that I look like I've got chicken pox. They make me feel that much worse. Oh well. I am still hopeful that things are improving. Haven't had a cystic painful pimple for a whole week now. That is something to be happy about. But these little red dots are still SO annoying! GO AWAY!!!! It's actually been close to two months that they've been chilling on my face and I just want them to GET LOST AND LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

Day 32

I don't know. Today I woke up and they are worse again. No new breakouts, but all the bumps just look horrible. I keep telling myself I'm improving, it's been 8 days since I got my last cystic pimple, but just all these scars and red pimple marks are just making me so unhappy and hopeless. I was pathetic this morning and I just cried and cried. Please go away soon, please.

I have a big red pimple on my cheek, and I have a feeling that within a couple of days that particular one is going to turn cystic too. Yay.

Anyway not feeling good this morning, I'm really really struggling to stay happy and positive.

Day 33, Week 5, Pack 2

Today is the worst day so far. I've gotten a million new pimples, none of them painful I grant, but there are so many and every time I look in the mirror I burst into tears. I really thought things were getting better. Clearly I was wrong. I am really, really struggling. When will this end. Please Diane, please work, I've never prayed so hard for anything in my life before.

I am so unhappy and I am honestly struggling to stay positive. All I can think about is the amazing skin I once had, and now I look in the mirror and just don't know what I can do but wait. Holidays aren't looking promising like I had initially thought - I have about 5/6 weeks until I go and I'm losing hope by the day that I'm going to be in any better state than I'm in now. Oh god, when will this end.

More tomorrow I guess

thanks for doing this i am on diane 35 and its encouraging to see that others are not having super fast amazing results like myself. my big problem on the other hand is moderate acne on my back.

also tomarrow is the end of my first week on my second pack so we are pretty much at the same place.

hello there, im new to this site and i just so happened to stumble upon your log. It kind of hit home with me because I just finished my first pack of Diane and have experienced the same results that you did in your first month. It got so bad in my second week that I ran out and bought pro active thinking okay somethings gotta give! Right now im on my period and will be starting the second pack on sunday, so I did break out and its pretty annoying cause i figure pro active should be able to deal with that. Im praying for improvements and refuse to give up. We can't be conquered by acne.

For me acne runs in my genes so i was destined with it but i decided to nip it in the butt before it spiraled out of control. My acne is moderate with alot of discolouration... In my first month of Diane 35 when my acne was really terrible i completely isolated myself from my friends which is so unlike me, like i wouldnt even go to the gym because i was too embarassed of all my acne. I started taking time off work so that i wouldn't have to venture out into the world with a face looking like a crater. When it was really necessary for me to leave the house I would wear foundation to the best of my ability and style my hair so i could somehow hide the blemishes on my cheeks and just tried not to attract attention to myself... which once again was so unlike me. Once out, i'd be so self conscious thinking omg, i wonder if this person is struggling to look into my eyes because they are distracted by my acne. Basically I would look forward to when i could run home and wash my face and just keep waiting for results.

So i came to the conclusion that im not going to be defeated by this thing called acne and im going to enjoy life the same way as i would if i had clear skin. Acne happens to everyone and its nothing to be ashamed of. Yes i still feel self conscious sometimes and still want to stay hidden in my bedroom but at the end of the day people are going to look at you and judge you by the way you portray yourself. so if i portray myself with confidence in my appearance people won't have time to look at my acne.

Thx for sharing your log, reading it made me feel like im not alone in my battle. Plz keep posting and let me know how your second month is going.