Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jrhodes870

BELIEVE! YOUR FACE WILL GET BETTER :-)

Hey folks, I have some pictures for everyone. I hope they inspire you all, and help some of you get through this, because I was there, I know what your going through.

btw ere is the link to my first topic when I first joined the site.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/here-advi...53#entry2420653

post-85098-1241073198_thumb.jpg

post-85098-1241073218_thumb.jpg

I woke up like this everyday for 3 months, It was hard to even get out of bed, to go to class. Putting on a shirt would bring me to my knees. You can also tell how swolen my face was, compared to the pictures below.

post-85098-1241073239_thumb.jpg

post-85098-1241073254_thumb.jpg

6 months, I cleared up. I have some scarring however around the sides, you just cant see it cuz the lighting of the picture, but its minimal. I was on a double dose of antibiotic called Bactrum, and used alot of Retin-a topical.

If anyone has any questions about my regimen I'd be more then happy to go into more detail about it.

Believe, your face will get better.

wow your skin is amazing now!!! well done you! i bet you are sooo happy!

im also currently using Retin A gel and slowly my skin is clearing and its also helping the scars as well. are you still using Retin A gel?

im worried that once I stop the spots will come back! that is what happened before with things i have used before.

anyway you are looking HOT so congratulations on the clear skin!

wow your skin is amazing now!!! well done you! i bet you are sooo happy!

im also currently using Retin A gel and slowly my skin is clearing and its also helping the scars as well. are you still using Retin A gel?

im worried that once I stop the spots will come back! that is what happened before with things i have used before.

anyway you are looking HOT so congratulations on the clear skin!

Thank you very much. I am happy now, and one thing I remember when I was going through the worst times of my acne, was that I always tried to stay positive, it helps. And yes I do still use some retin a. Not anywhere as much as I used to, but if I get a little white head or pimple, I will put a small dab on it before bed. I would ask your dermo about the retin a, and what may happen when you get off of it. I didnt have any problems, I actually quit using it for a whole month, and stayed clear.

Thats great that your skin is clearing, be patient and give it time and your face will heal ;)

Good luck with everything, and thanks for your reply.

hey man your post inspired me to stay positive when i break out.... i was just curious what do you think caused you to break out in the first place?

thanks jrhodes870.

i will stay positive and hopefully i will get there!

i think your pictures will give people on here a lot of hope! they have done to me!

im seeing my derm in a few months so i will ask her then what happens when i stop as that is the thing that worrys me! but if you have stopped Retin A and they spots havent come back thenhopefully i will be fine!

enjoy your clear skin!!

hey man your post inspired me to stay positive when i break out.... i was just curious what do you think caused you to break out in the first place?

Well, I have my long story in the link in my first post. I had a really rough summer in 08, parents divorced, we moved out of the house I grew up in, and lived in a shed all summer. Just a accumulation of things I suppose, but I flared up from a decently clear face to a completely destroyed face.

But I appreciate you taking my advice on being positive, it really did help me. Because deep down I told myself each day that things could be worse off. I feel very fortunate for the life I've been given, and I wont let pimples and whiteheads bring me down.

Thanks for your reply, and best of luck to you with everything ;)

thanks jrhodes870.

i will stay positive and hopefully i will get there!

i think your pictures will give people on here a lot of hope! they have done to me!

im seeing my derm in a few months so i will ask her then what happens when i stop as that is the thing that worrys me! but if you have stopped Retin A and they spots havent come back thenhopefully i will be fine!

enjoy your clear skin!!

Thats great, and you will get there I promise. I'm sure your dermo will have good things to say about getting off retin a, I dont think it will cause your spots to come back. Good luck with everything :D

Bactrim cured your acne for good, or did you just grow out of it? Because you say you don't use Retin A much anymore, so what do you use to maintain such clear skin?

Grats on it though, looks like it would hurt so much to shave over all that... :/

Holy crap, your skin does look 100x better. My dermatologist just put me on a regimen that consists of 100 mg of Minocycline twice a day, Benzoyl Peroxide wash in the morning, and at night a gentle cleanser and generic Retin-a Tretinoin .025.

I've been researching Retin-a products online and I've got to admit, I'm actually really nervous about taking it. I mean, my acne has never been severe, it's just been mild and really annoying. I'm just tired of dealing with it. I guess since my dermatologist put me on the Minocycline and a Benzoyl Peroxide wash it's supposed to reduce inflammation and what not but still, I'm terrified of it haha.

Seeing your pictures does bring a little bit of hope to me, though. I'm glad that this worked out for you, and if that was me waiting 6 months for my skin to clear up, I don't know if I would have been able to do it. But I guess I'm going to have too..

Whoa!! You look like a completely different person!! You look really good!! Does retin-A help even out the complexion or is it just to kill/dry up white heads and such.

I don't use topicals but I am looking for something to help with my white heads and even out my skin tone.

Good job dude. Thank you for inspiring us all (like Barack Obama. lol)

It's a great thing you posted this.

hi, i haven't been here in awhile because my complexion is so freaking good right now. i made a post a month or two ago with pictures of my results after using tazorac 0.1 gel. i am still on it. my skin isn't perfect-- some blotchiness and redness-- but if you ever read my post, there was a big difference in before/after pics.

anyways-- i just want to reiterate this guy's point-- whether you are on tazorac, retin-A, or some ther type of topical retinoid-- IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU BE PATIENT AND GIVE IT TIME-- i didn't notice any difference until around the 3rd or 4th month, and all of a sudden my skin just started improving exponentially.

be patient, guys-- if you are so stressed out and panicky about clearing up in a few nights or a few weeks, it is only going to delay things-- just chill out, stick to the regimen, and suck it up for a few months and you will thank me later!

awesome pics by the way. and for anyone wondering, i'm a 25 yr old male who has had acne since i was about 19 or 20-- never had problems in high school. my acne was kind of like this guy's-- around the jawline and cheeks, clear forehead.

Wow your skin really does look amazing now, you look nothing like you did before, congrats.

Im on retin a too right now and my skin is clear for the most part but I want to get off of it although im not sure if I should..

I also would like to know how you are maintaining your skin? whats your regime like now?

Hey folks, I have some pictures for everyone. I hope they inspire you all, and help some of you get through this, because I was there, I know what your going through.

Here is the link to my post when I first joined this site.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/here-advi...ce-t213221.html

I woke up like this everyday for 3 months, It was hard to even get out of bed, to go to class. Putting on a shirt would bring me to my knees. You can also tell how swolen my face was, compared to the pictures below.

6 months, I cleared up. I have some scarring however around the sides, you just cant see it cuz the lighting of the picture, but its minimal. I was on a double dose of antibiotic called Bactrum, and used alot of Retin-a topical.

If anyone has any questions about my regimen I'd be more then happy to go into more detail about it.

Believe, your face will get better.

WHEW!!! YOU GO HANDSOME! :dance:

Thank you everyone for the congrats. And I am really glad that this is inspiring for you. And for those who would like to know my regimen now, I wash my face with just a plain neutrogena oil free acne wash, once in the morning, then once at night. I will also wash it while showering mid day, like after a work out.

I do still use the retin a, ONLY when I may have a small white head or pimple pop up, which I may still get once in a while. I also use this stuff called mederma, I use this for my slight scarring on the left side of my face, my dermo said it should help with scarring and possible pock marks, I put this on my face before bed each night.

I also saw a question about retin a, if I use it to maintain a clear face or to just dry up pimples and white heads, I only use it to dry up pimples and white heads. Like i said above if I dont have any acne I dont use retin a.

And about the post asking if I had just grown out of my acne, that is a possibility, but the only thing that makes me think otherwise is from age 18-20 I was very very clear, thinking I had grown out of my acne I got off my antibiotic, about 7 months before my 21st birthday I noticed things getting bad. Thats when I had my horrible break out, and flare ups. I then got on a double dose of bactrum each day. I am currently still on my antibiotic, I take one bactrum each day. I dont know what would happen if I got off of it, if it would come back or not, but I dont really want to find out.

I hope that helps those who had questions, and again thank you all for your positive comments. And i cant say it enough, dont let your acne bring you down, I know it is hard at times, but stay confident, your face will get better and when your all cleared up you'll be that much stronger for having went through it ;) . Good luck to everyone!

EDIT:

As I was looking through this post again I noticed my pics above are not really showing the sides of my face where my acne got the worst, I needed to share with everyone that I do still have red marks, and they will take time to heal, the lighting in the pics above do my face a little bit to much justice if you will, so I uploaded these.

post-85098-1241484039_thumb.jpg

(^ this is to compare with the pics below, THIS IS AN OLD PIC) this is from my first post on the site, this was probably when it was the worst and the most painful, you can tell how swolen my face is too. Zooming in close enough you can tell that it's just overloaded with whiteheads :confused: Looking at this pic makes me cringe.

post-85098-1241482665_thumb.jpg

post-85098-1241482678_thumb.jpg

(^ NOW) As you can tell I do still have some dark spots and red spots, you can somewhat tell where pock marks may be, which hopefully my mederma will improve. But like I've said time will heal red marks, and eventually skin tone will even out with the rest of your face and neck.

Ok, hope those help, feel free to ask any questions, :D

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

post-85098-1241482665_thumb.jpg

post-85098-1241482678_thumb.jpg

post-85098-1241484039_thumb.jpg

Hey bro,

Looking good man. I was wondering how long you were on Bactrim? I've been on it since January, and tazorac+BP. My skin looks close to yours now, but I still get pimples. How long did it take to work and really stop causing the acne?

I've read getting off Bactrim causes huge flare ups but you seem to be doing well. Any tips or anything? I'm hoping it starts stopping it a bit more. But congrats man.

hey, i saw you said you were on an antibiotic also. I'm on retin-a also with tetracycline, but i want to know when i stop taking the tetracycline and stay on retin-a, will my acne flare up again? I have about 4 red bumps on my face at the moment, but that's about it.