Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pink_polka234

Premenstrual Breakouts...How do I prevent?

Even if I have a clear face, I GET PIMPLES during my period, lasts a week, takes another week to get rid of em all, those suckers.

I read in a magazine you can take some pill. Like a common drug, (was it ibuprofen?) to prevent it. Does anybody know what it was? I CAN NOT REMEMBER! :wall: And if you do know, doesn it work?

Honestly, premenstrual breakouts are caused by hormonal fluctuations. Unless you go on a drug that attempts to change your hormonal levels, you will probably continue to have those breakouts.

I am in the same boat. Whenever that time occurs, I typically get a couple pimples around my chin, and I have pretty much controlled my breakouts by now. I don't want to go on Birth Control Pills though. That is an option, but I'd think about that seriously. Also maybe talk to your doctor. It's a solution for some, but there are a lot of types and dosages to think about.

i have heard that alleve has helped people although personally i havent tried it.

i have the same problem and my dermatologist told me to double up on my pills the week before i start my period (or whenever i notice my premenstrual breakouts starting)

im not sure if you have this option or not, but i hope you find something that helps! pre-menstrual breakouts are not fun at all

those seem to be the only breakouts i get anymore. even if i have my skin under control i always breakout around that time. Its soooo frusturating!!!!!

i know exactly how u feel EyesLikeMine. My skin always gets under control and then at this time it does what it wants. so so frustrating! especially because i feel two cysts poppin up on my jawline

Have you tried a chemical peel in the chin or area of breakout? Salicylic acid is especially good as it will help dry out the bacteria and lighten the area, preventing scarring.

Even if I have a clear face, I GET PIMPLES during my period, lasts a week, takes another week to get rid of em all, those suckers.

I read in a magazine you can take some pill. Like a common drug, (was it ibuprofen?) to prevent it. Does anybody know what it was? I CAN NOT REMEMBER! :wall: And if you do know, doesn it work?

Listen to Kairasa. Its hormonal and you would need such drugs to counteract the reaction.

I wouldn't recommended taking hormonal balance medication to try and stop those few day of breakouts.

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. But, mine is strictly premenstrual, but u might as well call it the whole month because that's how long it takes to clear everything up. I am really nervous because I have a huge celebration coming up after my period. Dun dun dun...

I get zits before my period arrives too it's horrible! Nothing I can do except drink more water.