Notifications
Clear all

HELP! HELP! ...benzoyl peroxide has left reddish black burns on skin

MemberMember
(@sugarandspice)

Posted : 04/29/2009 3:13 pm

Okay I'm petrified right now!

I have mild to moderate acne.. After tonnes of research I started to use benzoyl peroxide. Usually i just dab a little on the pimple and next day wash it.

But 2 days back I had a sudden break out on my right temple, which is the smoothest and clearest part of my face. Now I might have applied a bit more of benzoyl than I usually do..

Next day that area was red... I though it would go away.

Last night i again applied benzoyl (i know im a fool!).. and the pimples are all gone

BUT

THAT AREA HAS BECOME BLACK! and when i touch it it feels like a burn. it looks like a burn.. its a dark brownish red spot/spots.

and I have applied aloe gel on top and its not doing anything.

NOTE:- THE AREA IS NOT PEELING

they are just blackish red spots

MemberMember
(@sugarandspice)

Posted : 04/29/2009 3:26 pm

Someone please help me!

before I goto my dermatologist

someone please tell me

how long will this burn take to heal?

any quick remedies pillS?

im more concerned about this than my acne!

my acne looks better than this HAVOC benezoyl has caused!

MemberMember
(@dahab)

Posted : 04/29/2009 3:28 pm

It sounds very familiar to what had happened to me when I'd started the regimen... With me the surface was dark, and rough and looked very much like a burn mark. I moisturised it twice a day with olive oil (am sure jojoba oil would work just as well) and before I knew it, it started to flake off. It was a pain, but I continued applying the benzoyl peroxide very lightly and sparingly and made sure I moisturised as well.

See if that works for you.

MemberMember
(@darkstormz5aim-com)

Posted : 05/02/2009 3:44 pm

The exact same thing happened to me! I was so upset because there was this huge burn mark on my chin, and I thought it was going to take weeks to fade. Turns out, the entire burn mark scabbed off and there was completely new skin underneath! No mark, no scar, and it only took two days. I didn't use or do anything special to it, except for moisturizing a lot with Cetaphil.

MemberMember
(@twisted24)

Posted : 08/05/2009 10:45 pm

Sounds like you guys got lucky. I applied too much BP on my nose and it scabed and scarred. It wasn't little either. Also took away some skin that has not grown back. This happened exactly 4 weeks ago. BP has disfigured me. My nose was perfect and now skin texture is completely uneven. Does anyone know how long it takes for skin to grow back?

MemberMember
(@janfpl)

Posted : 08/14/2009 11:13 am

Same thing happened to me. Skin fell off, revealed nice skin underneath and everything was ok.

MemberMember
(@kmy130)

Posted : 08/14/2009 3:39 pm

Sounds like you guys got lucky. I applied too much BP on my nose and it scabed and scarred. It wasn't little either. Also took away some skin that has not grown back. This happened exactly 4 weeks ago. BP has disfigured me. My nose was perfect and now skin texture is completely uneven. Does anyone know how long it takes for skin to grow back?

try olive oil or vitamin E oil

MemberMember
(@jonesym10)

Posted : 02/14/2015 9:05 pm

This happened to me. I went to my dermatologist, and she told me this was common in people who were Latin American or Italian decent. I have some Italian so kinda explained it lol. But if you still are having trouble try accutane. I did and it was the best. Still no acne and my last dose was 6 months ago!

MemberMember
(@folliculitisnmad)

Posted : 08/26/2015 3:55 pm

Guys i think the same thing is happening to me... It wont flake off like other dead skin did. Its been a day. It exfoliated a lot last night. I used suagar to exfoliate this morning but it jsut wont come off. DO you think its because my skin is dry? Or jsut healing? HELP! SO STRESSED!

MemberMember
(@believe91)

Posted : 08/29/2015 8:31 pm

Hie any moisturizer to recommend on the burned pimple? It will be good if they encourage skin renewal.Thanks.