Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sellefrancais

Accutane, week 5...my skin is worse than when I started

I used to have at least one pimple and by the time it was no longer existant I would have another one. I had a lot of closed comedones but extractions always kept them at bay from my facial lady. Im day 5 on accutane and I get about 2 new pimples every single day ! my face is covered in red marks, my black heads are all of a sudden super visable, and I got a few on my back... I never had that before accutane. I just dont know what to do.... I wonder if I should just go off completely becaues the mild acne I had before was a lot easier to live with.

I used to have at least one pimple and by the time it was no longer existant I would have another one. I had a lot of closed comedones but extractions always kept them at bay from my facial lady. Im day 5 on accutane and I get about 2 new pimples every single day ! my face is covered in red marks, my black heads are all of a sudden super visable, and I got a few on my back... I never had that before accutane. I just dont know what to do.... I wonder if I should just go off completely becaues the mild acne I had before was a lot easier to live with.

it called initial break out..for some people it is normal..

hey sellefrancais, I've been on accutane 3 times and i'll tell you that it is no fun ride. It WILL definitely get worse before it gets better. I cant speak for everyone but every time I was on it, I dont think my acne got better till month 4. Just be patient with the medication. Look at the bright side. At least you dont have to jump from medication to medication and wondering which one will work. You now have the confidence of knowing that this WILL clear up your acne. In 5-6 months from now, you will have absolute clear skin.

By the way, here are some things that I used every time I was on that stuff. I used something called Aquaphor for dry skin. I only used it on my body and not my face. I would apply a crap load of this stuff on my body during night time to prevent the dry skin the next morning. Also, I would put a lot of this aquaphor on my lips at night too. I wouldnt put it on the face other than the lips. Good Luck

5 months!!!!??? oh goodness now I am terrified! my DR said I would be on for 6 weeks and that was it! oh my goodness! I wish I never started! I wonder if he will let me stay on it to get rid of the damage it has done.

Yeah, i dont really understand why he would put you on for only 6 weeks. That would do nothing for the acne. Accutane is definitely not prescribed for one pimple or even mild acne. Since the first time I got on Accutane, they have definitely tightened up on the restrictions for the medication. As for 6 weeks, did you by any chance misunderstand the doctor?

Accutane purges your skin .... it can take a few months to get clear.

I've never heard of a 6-week course. 6 months is more typical.

So tomorrow will be exactly one month of being on accutane..my 1st and 3rd weeks were the worst! pimples all over my eyebrows, forehead and now im getting them underneath my mouth. it looks terrible!! ive never gotten them there before.. my acne WAS slight/moderate and the derm said i wouldnt have the IB but it looks like he was wrong lol. I wonder if im taking the pills right to get the right amount of drug entering into my system. I just take it with whatever im having for dinner and a glass of water.. Has anybody else done anything different? Something thats maybe more effective??