Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, im going on vacation with my girlfriend in july, im really really excited, this is propably one of the biggest steps i have made in my life, because of acne always holding me down :(

only i have never talked to her about my acne, or the rediculous amount of products i use that make my skin look so much better.

she will propably accept it, and stand by me as she always has done, but i dont want it to be aggravating for her, let me explain :P

I use ACV in my regimen, for the ones who use/used it: you know the smell right? for those that dont know it: it smells f*cking terrible :P

i use this everyday, and it really is a magnificent product, I think this is THE ingredient of my regimen that keeps me clear, so i dont dare to stop using it, even for a day.

but i dont want my girl to be annoyed by the smell of it at night

i dont know what to do, anyone having any suggestions? should i stop using it for 2 weeks? or should i just apologize to her about the bad smell? (not very gentleman like:P)

If she loves and respects you I'm sure she would be very understanding, you could just bring it up in passing. Think of it like this - you use that regime to take care of yourself right? There's nothing wrong that! Best of luck and have fun on your vacation! :)

You never know. She might like the smell of it. I do! :) Reminds me of salt and vinegar potato chips. Yum.

thank for the advice gda_11, its true indeed, i use it to look better.. but then, how will i tell her that im using apple vinegar to fight my acne, i mean it really is a little weird right :P how do i start that conversation?

and siava, you LIKE the SMELL of ACV??? :P wow, i couldnt imagine that beeing possible, its smells sooooo strangely bad :P

Good question N1ck, ironically when I read your post it reminded me I had to go apply ACV as well. :P I think you're right about it fighting acne, after I use it my skin feels really nice and 'unclogged'.

Anyway, like before you go to bed just tell her something like, oh by the way, I use this to clean my face before bed, hope you don't mind. I don't know, something like that. You'll figure it out! You'll probably be too busy spending quality time with your loved one and having fun and enjoying yourself for her to even notice at all, I'm sure she just wants to be with you no matter what, and she won't even care.

dont worry about it to much. Just mention it to her that night right before u use it. Kinda joke about saying sorry about this smell babe! But its the only thing working for my skin. Just something casual. Girls, im sure have done stranger things to their skin.

After I moved in with my fiance he finally saw mew without makeup and applying all my topicals. I just talked to him about it saying "hey if i dont do this I'll breakout." I'm much more comfortable after talking to him about it and don't have any problem expressing my frustration when i break out. It's such a great feeling knowing that he knows im sensitive about my skin and I know he is there for me if I need him.

I agree with what other's have said. Just do what you normally use. It sounds like you have an amazing girl and I'm sure she won't care at all. If the smell does bother her a lot, you can just apply it near a well ventilated area and that should keep the temporary smell at bay.

I hope you have a lot of fun on your vacation! ^_^

just have a sidedish of acv at all your dinners and accidently spill it onto your body. you can blame the smell on that.

thanks for all the advice!

im just going to talk to her about it, honesty looks like the best thing to do i guess (how typical! :P)

still, im so nervous :P:P

Haha! I like the idea of "accidentally" spilling a cup of ACV on yourself. I can see it now.. "Whoops! That random cup of ACV just spilled all over my face! Uh oh, oh well!" But seriously, don't be nervous I'm sure she won't even care. ;)

Haha, this title made me laugh, because I can totally relate to "ashamed of my regimen." It's such a walk of shame to the bathroom with like, twenty bottles of random stuff in your arms.

I also happen to like the smell of Apple Cider Vinegar. When I was little, we used to dye Easter eggs with vinegar, so now the smell reminds me of Easter. Haha.

And yea, I'm sure your girl has done weirder, smellier things in the name of beauty, and won't think anything of it.

:P allright ima try the spilling acv on my shirt theory :P but what do i use as excuse for having a glass of acv with my diner than!?!?!? oooooooh life is always so hard :P

and its a heavy walk to the bathroom indeed whitershade!! i think im packing more bathroom stuff then she will!! like another 30 kg of bottles and stuff :P its kind of stupid/funny-ish if you think about it :P

but i doupt she will have done stranger things then me to get beautifull skin, she never even puts on foundation, and still looks 100% clear..

ah well, we are all blessed with something.

I know all about being ashamed of one's regimen. I mean, I haven't washed my face in a week. When someone remarks on your improved complexion, and asks what you're doing, what do you say to THAT?

Girls do all sorts of strange, and not always rose-fresh-scented things for the sake of our images. I'm sure she'll understand about the ACV. Besides, the smell isn't really all that bad once it dries.

:)

haha, the smell of ACV does stink.

cant you go into the bathroom or another and just spray air freshner around?