Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EmilyKate

Please help, 18, rosacea?!

hey guys,

was just wondering if anyone could offer me some advice. im on dianette atm, and its doing a fair job of clearing my acne (still not completely gone though!). I have a very fair complexion...and have pale, almost see-through skin all over my body pretty much. whilst I have always noticed that i have fairly redish cheeks...lately im getting concerned that my nose is reddening, and im worried this is the beginning of rosacea. any thoughts on the picture? im scared, i dont want to start getting rid of the acne and now have this to deal with...i just want normal skin! :wall:

as i said, im 18, and have noticed as well that dianette has given me some melasma (sp?!), not too bothered about that (im freckly anyway!), its the red nose.

also the nose has been pretty dry for the last few weeks (unusual because as you can see from the picture below, its pretty damn oily too!)

any help would be great. :)

P.S im sorry about the picture, i look gross, taken just before i went to bed (obvs hadnt cleaned my face yet, but no facial makeup!)

SDC11616.bmp

SDC11616.bmp

Your skin in the picture looks really good actually, i would guess you should try some techniques to reduce redness and see how it goes.

You can try all the various foods etc that could make rosacea worse and see if it has any effect on you otherwise try a redness reducing face cream (eucerin do a good one but it's extremely expensive) or you could try rubbing a little bit of olive oil into the red areas before bed (Leave it on) and see how that goes for 2 weeks?

I tried the olive oil on face overnight and it helped alot with redness / general skin health. AND it was dirt cheap so always worth a quick try!

Thanks for that PaulUK...! Will give the olive oil thing a shot. Skin looks alright today, still a bit red but nothing terrible. Seems to be at night when it gets significantly worse. Will try the olive oil. Thanks again :)

Thanks for that PaulUK...! Will give the olive oil thing a shot. Skin looks alright today, still a bit red but nothing terrible. Seems to be at night when it gets significantly worse. Will try the olive oil. Thanks again :)

Careful with the olive oil. :) It can work nicely for some but for others it can cause a breakout. It works fine for me. I also like emu oil; it appears to be anti-inflammatory.

Make sure you're wearing sunscreen when going out, too. That will help reduce the appearance of more melasma, and will also possibly help reduce the redness of your nose.

Gentle moisturizing at night might help reduce some of the redness. When you're showering, don't take a really hot shower, a lukewarm or just warm is much better for dry or oily skin, and most definitely better for red skin! You could even do a final cold water rinse (splash a bit on your face) and that will also help redness.

thanks for the help folks :) been using the olive oil for a few days now...nose redness hasn't changed dramatically but boy does it make it feel nice and moisturised! :D

That is nothing I would worry over, you're nose is the only thing even slightly red and I believe that happens to everyone. So, don't worry, it doesn't look to be rocasea in the least. I would actually kill for my face to be as "red" as yours. :D