Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ugly_skye

It just keeps getting better and better...

I don't know what to do, I can't cope anymore. Everything just keep spiralling downwards.

I've suffered from acne for 11 years. Two months ago I finally made the decision to go on Accutane. Since going on Accutane, I've got about 10 new deep scars, my body is in constant pain and I've developed tinnitus, not to mention a million other side effects. My skin is still breaking out and I just don't know if I should keep going with it. It would also seem a waste to quit now considering what I've gone through already. I have a derm appointment tomorrow so I guess I'll discuss that with her tomorrow.

Everything else is going to shit in my life, five weeks ago my boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me, probably because I'm a scarred monster now. I'm too unhappy with the way I look to make an effort to make friends. I can't see things getting any better. I'm stuck in a dead end job with no qualifications and I feel so alone that I cry myself to sleep every night.

I wish I had one person I knew in real life who knew what I was going through and who I could talk to. I really need help.

If there is anyone who feels the same and is from Sydney, Australia, I would love to hear from you.

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Hang in there babe, I've been through everything you posted and I'm also still dealing with bad scars now from the aftermath of cystic acne. Please don't give up, it is a long and hard road, but it does get better in time. Stay on the accutane and let it do it's job, which it will eventually do. The breakouts are common, that is just a sign of the accutane doing what it's supposed to do. Eventually the accutane will flush all of the acne out of your skin, and when you stop taking it, the side effects will go away. Your body will stop constantly aching, and all of the other shit that it does to you will stop happening. I'm not going to lie to you, you will probably be left with some scars after you're acne is gone. There are alot of treatments to help diminish acne scars. Stay on the accutane and get rid of your acne, and then take things from there.

Like I said, and I'm sure you already know this, but it's definately a hard and long battle, but it's worth going through, please don't give up.

i knoww how you feel specially the dumping part? i really cry myself to sleep to the point that i've been thinking a lot and even in my dreams my scars are haunting me.. DREAMS have been my escape of reality but wtf even in my dreams scars bothers me... let your friends know how you feel!!!

it really helps.. it helped me maybe it will help u too.. the dumping of your man is really hurting specially the moment you need him the most...

but please do whatever it takes to minimize your scarring dont do things the way i did!

god bless us.. i hope GOD sees how we suffer...

hi skye,

i'm also from sydney, australia and know how you feel. i went from having crystal clear skin ( no joke) to huge breakouts in december which fluctuated between semi clear to plain ugly. i'm studying at usyd and missed the first 5 weeks of semester because i could not bear to look at anyone or even walk across campus without feleing like people were staring at me.

i have now tried to correct this behaviour and have started making an effort to be less conscious and down on myself. i confided to my boyfriend and let him see me without any makeup and he has been so accepting. i understand how hard it is for you right now esp since you and your bf have broken up but you are only making yourself feel worse by blaming it on the acne. that might not have been the case but if it is he is clearly not worth it. focus on yourself and good things will come.

exercise to release endorphins, eat healthily and drink tonnes of water. if you feel good inside it will reflect. if you think you are in a dead end job, look for other avenues. perhaps you could take courses or enrol in tafe to do something else you love.

you are the master of your fate!

sky its H......... listen pls pls pls pls pls pls pls pls listen......... pls dont stress.... stress is what causes ur acne to make it into a "cyst"............................. people who have acne get it more coz they are soo soo scared and the stress leads to deeper problems. the thing u need to do is lessen ur acne because u need to excercise and release those endorphans. and get rid of that stress,..... pls trust me on this... then the acne will slow then worry about the scarring later

iam really sorry to hear your not doing that good on the moment

but i do know what u feel like i'm feeling so lonely too..

i started to break out too when everyting just seem to get better

you had this problem for 11 years i myself for about 5

but this past weeks has been hard for me too

but i heard a lot of positive things about accutane though

never been on it myself but please be positive

i know it can be hard to keep ur head up sometimes

and iam really sorry your boyfriend dumped you

sometimes iam ashamed of other guys.. really

but u deserve better girl! and i know what's it like not having someone around

to talk to and know what u mean u know.

but i found this site not a long time ago and there's a lot of people who can help

or be some kind of support. let us know how you are doing please

iam sorry iam not from sydney but you can always send me a message!

hugs from Holland

Newlife23 I've been dreaming about my scars too, I can't escape it.

I would love to be able to exercise but I tried to do a tiny bit and have ended up with a knee injury (thanks tane). The joint and bone pain is pretty bad, so as much as I want to get fit and exercise, I can't see it happening while I'm on this medication.

Thanks everyone for the support.

Newlife23 I've been dreaming about my scars too, I can't escape it.

I would love to be able to exercise but I tried to do a tiny bit and have ended up with a knee injury (thanks tane). The joint and bone pain is pretty bad, so as much as I want to get fit and exercise, I can't see it happening while I'm on this medication.

Thanks everyone for the support.

goodluck.. i know you can make it....

just to throw in another opinion

I took accutane and ended up with scarring that id trade for active acne any day.

I also have gained some permanent side effects, ie dry flaky scalp, chapped lips, sensitive skin. I am not breaking out severely as of yet (2 years ago) knock on wood.

It's a hard decision to make because it can literally change your life. If you come out of it better or worse is kind of the gamble and all I know is that for me its been really hard trying to live with my decision.

when I was active I was just so rash and delusional about the drug. All the people praising it kind of put me in this position. However had I not taken maybe i'd be much worse off now (including scarring), I cant decide.

I havent had any severe physical side effects, possibly some bone weakening but I can't really be sure. Overall I wish I never took it and that id have considered the consequences.

all I'll say is that I think accutane should be reserved for people with SEVERE SEVERE persistant acne and not just anyone with occasional, tho just as painful, breakouts. If you really need it then you should consider it. If not, decide if you can live with possible lifetime side effects etc.

hope things get better for you

I just had a derm appointment, she truly is the most frustrating woman alive. I complained that Ro-Accutane makes me more prone to scarring which she denied and said it improves scarring *sigh*

How dare the derms make statements when its your face. only you'd know wht would scar you and what wouldnt....... they see people for what half an hour max?? and us we examine our faces everyday!

I just had a derm appointment, she truly is the most frustrating woman alive. I complained that Ro-Accutane makes me more prone to scarring which she denied and said it improves scarring *sigh*

My derm told me the same. Or, she said that Accutane might improve some of the scars, but she also says I'm not supposed to pick at my skin because it's thin and will scar easily... I suppose the point is it can be good for existing scars, but bad for getting new ones. Do you scar even if you don't touch your skin?

if it makes you scar then stop it....

dont do things that will lead you to a horrible side effects....

you might not want to end up like me lol

please if it makes you scar then stop... go to another derm.. accutane is not for everyone...

I did touch a couple that in my opinion were very ready (as gross as that sounds) and under normal circumstances would not have scarred. Now that I know just how delicate my skin really is I won't touch anything. It just sucks that I had to learn the hard way.

I know Accutane isn't for everyone but when you have tried every single other option, it has to be an option. I can't live with acne anymore, 12 years is 12 years too long.

I know for a fact that quite a few people feel the same way you do. I know that at one point I felt as if even if my acne didn't keep getting worse, there was no way I'd ever look decent again (pretty was out of the question).

It takes wanting to see yourself different and taking those baby steps for anything to ever occur. I'm so sorry you are also going through a really difficult patch with your ex-boyfriend right now. I doubt he dumped you because of your skin, but if he did, I can honestly say he didn't deserve you to begin with.

I hope things get better and if you ever need to chat, feel free to PM me. I'm already here to listen. :comfort:

Thanks guys for your posts.

I've been on Accutane for 2 1/2 months, but I started on only 20mg every second day for two weeks and then 20mg every day thereafter. Although after my derm appointment yesterday she has put me back to 20mg every second day because of nasty side effects. I'm thinking It's gonna take me forever to get clear when I'm on such a low dose. She said she likes to keep her patients on it for ten months :(

I was feeling really distraught about the whole boyfriend thing yesterday and I texted him to flat out ask if it was because of the changes to my skin and he promised it wasn't, but I honestly don't know. I guess my constant anxiety over my skin would be enough to frustrate anyone.

Duchamp I'm really sorry to hear about your break up, but at least you walked away from her instead of putting up with her shit. I know so many people who have insecurities who stay with partners who don't respect them because they fear they will never find anyone else.

Ceep on going babe, be strong! Your a fighter i wish you the best of luck an hope your luck comes around soon, you sertanly diserve it!

some people cant handle negativeity and thats why they walk away...... its true........ the only person that can truly understand u is urself.....

time is a healer

Im sorry to hear your feeling this way, the accutane will help your skin over time but I know time is a "bitch" as they say.

I completely understand what its like to feel the way you do from my own experience of acne, having suffered from it for over 7 years, this may sound a bit cliche but try to keep looking forward and take it one day at a time.

If you ever need to talk to somebody about the way you feel and how to deal with things come talk.

I will always find time to help others who want help or somebody to talk to as everybody needs somebody to talk to thats why we have a voice :]

I know how you feel. hang in there. did you talk to your derm about the new scars and if thats normal? what regime do you use? have you tried peels,?they are good for scars.i havnt had the best success with peels because of my skin tone tho..im getting the VI peel in a few weeks, u should look online about it, its a great peel.let me know, k.

I don't know what to do, I can't cope anymore. Everything just keep spiralling downwards.

I've suffered from acne for 11 years. Two months ago I finally made the decision to go on Accutane. Since going on Accutane, I've got about 10 new deep scars, my body is in constant pain and I've developed tinnitus, not to mention a million other side effects. My skin is still breaking out and I just don't know if I should keep going with it. It would also seem a waste to quit now considering what I've gone through already. I have a derm appointment tomorrow so I guess I'll discuss that with her tomorrow.

Everything else is going to shit in my life, five weeks ago my boyfriend of a year and a half dumped me, probably because I'm a scarred monster now. I'm too unhappy with the way I look to make an effort to make friends. I can't see things getting any better. I'm stuck in a dead end job with no qualifications and I feel so alone that I cry myself to sleep every night.

I wish I had one person I knew in real life who knew what I was going through and who I could talk to. I really need help.

If there is anyone who feels the same and is from Sydney, Australia, I would love to hear from you.

You should look up a website called:

theanonymousguru.com

It has really helped me feel better about my acne, and following his advice my skin is already improving after just a couple of weeks.

The guy posts here as well, I can't remember his name though.