Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janis808

9 Months After Accutane

So it's been 9 months since I finished Accutane and it was great! Clear skin (still have lots of redmarks) but no breakouts during accutane or after until now...I'm getting really big ones that take a long time to go away even when treating them with acne products. I don't know if the Accutane is wearing off, but I'm getting paranoid, it's been weeks of brutal acne on my face. It's difficult from going from no acne at all, to big ones that take a week to go away. I recently bought Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish cream because it had good reviews, but I don't know if it's any good (anyone tried it? Only been using it for a few days). Before this, I just used Purple gentle cleanser and Complex 15 moisturizer and no breakouts. Now this! Ahh..so how is everyone else doing AFTER accutane? Did it come back? I won't go on Accutane again unless it gets pretty bad consistently for a few months.

Neutrogena acne products are really not much good, imo. Most drugstore acne treatments are poorly formulated and are more likely to damage acne-prone skin than help it.

I suggest going back to the derm and getting some prescription topicals ....

after my course, my derm gave me a prescription for Tazorac and I used it for a few months and it was the worst thing ever. That stuff made me breakout bad so I stopped using it and my skin looked way better and jsut stuck with more gentle stuff. I might give this Neutrogena thing a few more weeks and if it still breaks me out im going to throw it away, and don't know what I'll try next.

i second that. i had to go on accutane because of what a retinoid (RETIN-A) did to me! i know accutane is a derivitive of retin-a but it worked much better. all i know is retin-a gave me some of my first scars. my best advice is try an anti-inflammitory diet. im 3 months post and i am starting to break out but the zits i get are tiny and painless due to the lack of inflammation in my body. research it, and its worth a try.

Hi janis,

im so sorry to hear that its back :( I have heard some people need two goes on accutane before they get clear and stay clear. I was just wondering what strength of accutane you were on?

Good Luck :)

I'm near 2 months off accutane right now and it's still as good as when I finished , not 100% clear but very good and trust me If my acne ever shows any little sign of coming back , I am going back on accutane without even thinking twice about it. I'm so sick of this shit that I don't ever want to have to deal with it again so what I recommend is maybe trying 1 topical from the derm and if it doesn't get any better then go back on accutane asap before it gets even worse and before you get a tons of new redmarks.

How has your oil production been? Is your oil coming back slowly and thats why acne coming back? I am sorry to hear your acne is coming back...I stopped using retin A because it was making my skin so fragile and flaky...

I Have been off for 6 months and it seems like most of my oil has come back. I broke out last week they were small but there were like 5 of them. I freaked out now they are gone but I have two little one the back of my neck by my hairline. I think I may have to go on a 2nd course. I will give it another month and see what happens if it keeps up ill definitely do it again.