Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BikeShorts

Anyone dx'd Hypothyroid?

Hi, everyone. I went to my first doctor visit today re: my adult acne. (Not counting my OBGYN, who perscribed YAZ). I am 38. My acne has worsened in the last few years. Clearly, the problem is rooted in hormones. Whenever I was pregnant, I had no acne. Whenever I was nursing and not back to a cycle, I had no acne. Cycles would return - so would the zits. I do not have severe acne, so I have not gone to great lengths, but as it is worsening and I'm getting so annoyed at being so *OLD* to have acne, I am working on this now.

He ordered bloodwork, including Thyroid. I know several symptoms of Hypothyroidism fit for me. However, I am not heavy; I am lean and I work out every day. Of course, I will have more definitive info in a few days, but I'm curious in the interim if anyone has had thyroid problems come back positive.

He also wrote me a script for Zianin (?something like that), but it was $300, which I will have to pay O-O-P. So, he changed the script to Clindamyacin. I don't have great faith that a topical will help even one little bit, but I suppose I have nothing to lose by using that while we work on the blood work and get my dermatologist appointment set up.