Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rutho

Can anyone help? My make-up balling up with benzoyl peroxide.

Every time I put on make-up after applying benzoyl peroxide and then moisturiser, my make-up balls up with the bp. Does anyone know what I should do, I do want to keep using the bp because it is working to keep spots away? I also still want to use make-up each day as it covers scars and I like the nice even look it gives. Please help, any advice? Thanks very much.

Try getting a moisturizer that has BP already in it so you aren't layering things onto your skin.

not possible if she's on the regimen, there aren't really any lotions that already have 2.5% bp.

wake up a little earlier so that the bp has 30 minutes to dry. do what i do when applying medications and just rest and watch tv or take a little nap if you can while you're waiting for it to dry.

you'll also need to wait about 10-15 min for your moisturizer to set bc when you apply the moisturizer it liquefies the bp again.

when you're applying your makeup, start by taking a little bit more moisturizer with a litle bit of your makeup, mix it up in your hands, and gently sweep it over your face, making sure you apply it with clean hands on your undereye area first so you don't get any medication on your underyes. then put on more makeup if needed like you normally would.

I have the same problem. I gave up on liquid foundation and just use mineral makeup (powder). I wait at least 15 minutes after moisturizer before applying makeup. I also use blotting sheets before.

thank you everyone for the tips on applying make-up over bp. I only just saw all the replies now because I haven't a clue how to use these forums properly. it's not set up to tell me by email when someone replies to my posts. i'll try and figure that out next. So a big thank you to everyone who replied, they're very helful tips.

You should try the Clinique oil free 2.5% BP moisturizer. This stuff is really good, goes on completely clear and no white cast. No need of putting moisturizer on top as well.