Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LetThemEatCake

Why am I getting more pimples?

I'm 16 this year, and it is this year that I have had the most pimples ever.

I never really had a lot of acne, just one or two pimples from time to time, but I find that I'm getting a lot - I currently have a few scars on each cheek, and I have three ex-pimples (don't know the word for it...but they're reddish bumps on your face that no longer have the pus in it - and I DID NOT pop them. They just went away on its own and I just happen to have the bumps).

Oh, and I got two new pimples this week.

So why am I getting more pimples? I'm not stressed (Okay...maybe except for stressing over the amount of pimples I'm getting), my period was over about two weeks ago, and I haven't been touching my face a lot.

The makeup that I'm using to cover up the scars is Lancome Dual Finish Versatile Powder Makeup and Ultima Wonderwear III.

I'm using Neutrogena Acne Stress Free Cleanser, Mary Kay Formula III toner, and Johnson's Baby lotion for moisturizer.

I've tried the baking soda mask for three days in a row, but so far, the only "change" is maybe a smoother skin texture (minus the pimples).

Oh, and I tried the Refining Mask for about a week, but nothing really happened.

The Mary Kay product has some problematic ingredients:

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: SALICYLIC ACID (2%). OTHER: ALCOHOL DENAT., CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, DIOCTYL SODIUM SULFOSUCCINATE, EUCALYPTUS OIL, MENTHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, WATER.

The ingredients in red are irritating and can increase breakouts. They feel cool, and that's a sign of irritation. It also contains a lot of alchol and that's drying and thus irritating to the skin. I'd skip that product completely.

Johnson's Baby Lotion is not good for the face! Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polysorbate 61, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Synthetic Beeswax, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Vera Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), BHT

I'd stop using that and look at the recommended moisturizers on this site. http://www.acne.org/moisturizers/rcat5/page1.html#browse There's a link to recommended moisturizers. These are recommendations by members on this site.

What type of acne do you generally have? The non-inflamed kind consisting of primarily closed and open comedones, or the inflammatory kind that is more obvious? The two different types benefit from different treatments. Inflammatory acne benefits from a topical antibacterial or bacteriostatic treatment like benzoyl peroxide. Non-inflamed benefits from gentle mechanical or chemical exfoliation.

The following link is to a post that contains exceptional information for all acne sufferers: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...le-t102347.html

I also suggest reading: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html About the importance of skin pH. I'd mix the baking soda with apple cider vinegar so you can avoid altering the pH of your skin harmfully! It's better to mix the two rather than just apply the ACV afterwards as by then you've already altered your pH and your skin will already be upset with you.

The Mary Kay product has some problematic ingredients:

ACTIVE INGREDIENT: SALICYLIC ACID (2%). OTHER: ALCOHOL DENAT., CITRIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, DIOCTYL SODIUM SULFOSUCCINATE, EUCALYPTUS OIL, MENTHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, SILICA, WATER.

The ingredients in red are irritating and can increase breakouts. They feel cool, and that's a sign of irritation. It also contains a lot of alchol and that's drying and thus irritating to the skin. I'd skip that product completely.

Johnson's Baby Lotion is not good for the face! Water, Propylene Glycol, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid, Oleic Acid, Polysorbate 61, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Synthetic Beeswax, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Vera Extract, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), BHT

I'd stop using that and look at the recommended moisturizers on this site. http://www.acne.org/moisturizers/rcat5/page1.html#browse There's a link to recommended moisturizers. These are recommendations by members on this site.

What type of acne do you generally have? The non-inflamed kind consisting of primarily closed and open comedones, or the inflammatory kind that is more obvious? The two different types benefit from different treatments. Inflammatory acne benefits from a topical antibacterial or bacteriostatic treatment like benzoyl peroxide. Non-inflamed benefits from gentle mechanical or chemical exfoliation.

The following link is to a post that contains exceptional information for all acne sufferers: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...le-t102347.html

I also suggest reading: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html About the importance of skin pH. I'd mix the baking soda with apple cider vinegar so you can avoid altering the pH of your skin harmfully! It's better to mix the two rather than just apply the ACV afterwards as by then you've already altered your pH and your skin will already be upset with you.

I never knew Johnson's baby lotion was bad for the face! OMG, I've been using it for soooo long, since I was a baby I think!

My kind of pimples aren't like obviously red...they're just slightly pink and they tend to be about be at least half a centimetre in diameter (at most) and they get kinda hard sometimes. My skin is normal - combination. Before, I mostly get pimples in my eyebrow area, now it's my lower cheek area.

Thanks for answering my question!! And I'll be reading the links if I'm not busy!