Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1Question

Toner for oily skin?

I'm looking for something to control my very oily skin and was wondering if a toner from like Proactive or Paulas Choice would help control it more. If not, what would you suggest?? I currently use Cerave cleanser and moisturizer and Paulas Choice BHA in the morning and Differin at night.

My dermatologist reccomended that I buy a bottle of aqua glycolic toner. I haven't gotten of yet bit I've read many great reviews about it on drugstore.com. It is suppose to help acne and oily skin.

I love the Skin Balancing toner by paula's choice. it soaks right into the skin and so far has worked really well for me

It got a bad rating on this site but Burt's Bees Garden Tomato toner for troubled skin works great for me. Its the only toner that gets any dirt I miss washing my face. (You can see all the dirt it picks up on the cotton swab)

Guest MarifreakinA

I SWEAR BY DECLEOR YLANG YLANG OIL!

I bought it online so it was cheaper, it's about $50 but it's so worth it.

I put it on after I use my moisturizer and it makes my face less oily, I love it, and believe me, I've tried everything out there for oily skin.

Toners will just irritate your skin and cause more pimples. I just blot my skin with blotting papers. They are a bit expensive, but I only have to blot my skin twice a day--once after lunch, and once before I leave work. I use Sephora's blotting papers. But actually, since I have been using more moisturizer, I've noticed that my skin is a little less oily. Seems that the moisturizer is keeping my skin calm, which means practically no breakouts and less oil. Don't worry about being a little oily. You won't age as fast. I am 35 and I am often taken for a 25-year old. I get carded from time to time too.