Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.. Ok so i have decided to try dans regime.. And i guess its going good so far however i have a slight problem im using duac instead of the Bp other than that i am following the regime so i am using a moisturizer - Nivea Soft Moisturising Cream but after i put this on my face stings like MAD it just stings to much.. My routine is by cleansing my face with Johnson's refreshing facial wash and then applying duac onto my face which does dry my face and maybe stings abit but after when i apply the moisturizer my face stings so much that i feel like my face is burning :think: .. Is there any suggestions on good moisturizer's or any other basic routines i need to follow? Or maybe other successful regime's?

Firstly are you using Duac at night or day?... because this can make differnece to your routine. My current routine with duac is in the morning I wash my face with warm water ONLY then add a moisturizer (Clean and Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer) 10-15 after my skin has dried from my shower. At night I wash my face with warm water again and add the duac gel to my face 15 minutes after skin has dried. By doing so even if skin dries a lot then you are going to bed anyway and will now matter and you will be moisturizing in the morning anyway to aid dry skin.

Note also that Duac does dry and irritate skin for the first few weeks, but your skin will begin to tolaerate it a lot better, although I still recommend moisturizing your skin in the morning anyway as it can help skin and help to prevent acne itself. It is far better to use Duac at night because it can be applied to skin and dry through the night without adding any other skin product to the skin as excessive use of several products will irritate the skin (a lot more than the Duac will!!!).

Personally this product and the routine above is the only thing that has worked for me as it is the only product I have used that BOTH treats, and then when skin is clear, prevents acne from forming. Irritation is common in first few weeks but will improve and this product really is a great acne-fighting product.

Good luck and hope this helped! Please do let me know how you get on with the Duac :):):)

Duac (5% BP 1% Clind) is recommended for use as once a day.. I think if you want to use BP twice a day get something that is 2.5% BP like Panoxyl or something.

I have certain moisterisers that sting after applying BP, try a different one and see if that make any difference.

I had a nasty reaction to Duac and I only used it once a day. My skin is quite sensitive after years of harassing it with loads of products.

I'm about to start using BP 2.5%, going to start using it once a day and see how my skin copes. If you feel like Duac is irritating your skin maybe cut usage in half until it's bearable, then start to build up from there.

How much do you pay for Duac, I used to use it but have switched to Dan'swhich is 10x better in every way. I am in UK and only order one 8oz tube at a time to avoid all import duty.

Even if you get Duac for free you should switch, it's worth the money