Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristenm09

good moisturizers to make your makeup go on smoothly

sooooo I have never been one for moisturizers in all honesty since my skin is already pretty oil, but i use bare minerals makeup which i love love love now that my skin has cleared up somewhat and i just have comedones. However, as a lot of you know sometimes it can be a little drying which i have only had problems with in little spots.

I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on good moisturizers you have used that haven't broken you out and don't irritate comedones. i just want something to really give me that very smooth look!

And i just want to say i am superrr excited because yesterday I went out without using my full coverage brush and instead just used the flawless application brush (which is so much less heavy).

First time I have done that in about 7 years! wow!!

I use Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer. It is light, oil free and has never broken me out. Also its not that expensive.

Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Moisturizer. I love it, its a bit pricey but the bottle will last for months. Mark. by Avon makes some really good moisturizers also.

Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with UV protection - sensitive skin

hey lady.

i came on here right now and i was just about to post the EXACT same topic.

i wear makeup almost daily and i'm seriously having the HARDEST time finding a makeup friendly moisturizer. and i NEED moisturizer because i'm on accutane right now, but that doesn't mean i'm going to give up makeup or looking decent.

i've looked through some of the threads...people suggest stuff like Cetaphil or Cerave. well i have both, but i use them at night. or when i'm just sitting around the house. they DO NOT work well with makeup. they make it stick to your face and look blotchy and gross. it's a mess.

i bought this Aveeno ultra calming moisturizer with SPH 15 in it because i heard good things about this brand...and MEH...having the same problem...it makes my makeup look funky. no matter how long i let it sink in and dry, it just looks off. it smells super good though. haha. but i've noticed that a lot of moisturizers with SPH in them tend to make makeup look funky.

um...sorry this post is getting long...i'm always on a constant journey to find a moisturizer that is makeup friendly. just trying to give you a head up on what NOT to buy so you don't waste money.

right now i'm using this moisture lotion stuff from Boots. some lady who worked at Target talked me into buying it...it's OKAY...i don't hate it...but after this bottle is over, i don't plan on buying it again so i wouldn't want to recommend that.

i used to use that Clean and Clear dual action stuff that hina79 mentioned, back in high school. i used it for awhile too. but this was before my skin was really bad. i bought some a few months ago, but i had to stop using it because i'm on Accutane now and that moisturizer has acne medication in it too. it's okay.

interested in seeing some other replies...

thank you everyone for your replies! i guess you just gotta experiment and see what works best with it (although that really can be a pain)

nichole xxx if i find a good one i will definitely let you know!

I really like the Skin Balancing Gel by paula's choice. It's light, gel-based, and hydrates the skin lightly. Unfortunately it doesn't have SPF, but the finish is amazing for makeup. It actually feels like a hydrating primer since it is silicone-based.

I haven't tried too many moisturizers but Aveeno Ultra-Calm has been good to me. I would suggest using a primer too, it'll give you an even smoother surface for makeup :D

After trying cetaphil moisturizer and eucerin-I've found my HG. It's Aveeno positively ageless spf 30 with shitake muschroom complex. It soaks in so well and makes my makeup go on flawless. It is a little pricey though (about $17). It's hypoallergenic and noncomedoginic with UVA/UVB protection.