Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daylight_dancer

Dry skin and foundation

I'm currently using Benzoyl Peroxide 10% gel on my face every night, and it really dries out my skin after I have a shower in the morning. I used to be obsessive with putting foundation on to cover my acne, but now I can't do it with my dried out skin as it just looks horrible. I don't like using moisturiser because it feels gross putting 'greasy' stuff on my face, and I'm worried it would make things worse.

I don't know what to do because I want to cover up my acne when I go out, but my skin gets so dry and sometimes flaky from the gel. I think I'm also getting a bit neurotic about putting anything on my face in case it aggravates my acne, so I feel bad whenever I do actually wear foundation. Grrrrr.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I use Clean and CLear dual action moisturizer. It is light and doesnt feel greasy at all. It provides just enough slip for foundation to go smoothly, liquid or powder. You can try it.

because BP is soooo drying, it's CRITICAL that you moisturize. as long as you choose the right moisturizer, you should be fine. i'm a HUGE fan of Olay Complete All Day UV Moisturizer - Sensitive Skin - i've never experienced a breakout from it.

if ur skin is that dry, it's no wonder ur makeup isn't looking the way it should...there's lots of remedies for the flakiness that comes as a result of using BP, especially that high of a concentration...

definitely get to moisturizing NOW - not just cuz of the BP but because it also prevents premature aging and who's gonna turn that down......