Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneGOAWAY!

Red Light Treatment

I just read in a magazine article about having red light treatments twice a week for a month. The study said that people who had this done, their acne reduced 50%. It says to also ask your dermatologist about the avalibility about this treatment. Anyone tried this? Thanks. :D

look into acnelamp.com they have a good selection at a reasonably price. I used the tanda,but now i use the table top lamp from acnelamp because its twice as big and half the price!

P.S. the leds really do make a difference.I couldnt live w/out mine :dance:

look into acnelamp.com they have a good selection at a reasonably price. I used the tanda,but now i use the table top lamp from acnelamp because its twice as big and half the price!

thanks! do you use both red and blue lights, or only red/ blue?

thanks! do you use both red and blue lights, or only red/ blue?

I use red/blue/yellow/ infrared(once a wk). 15mins each r/b/y day and night and 15 mins once a wk w/infrared.I have seen a world of difference on my face :dance: . the yellow led costed extra,but it was well worth it!

Hmm, the kind that you use sounds the best, I'll have to look into buying it. Thanks for the advice.!(:

your wecome and good luck! I just wanted to stop u from making the same mistake i did(tanda wasted money :doh: ) and wasting time and $ on quasar!

The cheapest red light I could find was a tanda on ebay;/.

It had been used, so is there a way to clean the head of it?

yes, get a cotton ball dab it with some isopropal alchohol and wipe the clear

head with it then clean that off with a cotton ball with just water on it.

The BlueMD is our competing device to Tanda and Acne Lamp, and is actually quite a bit cheaper ($199) than either of those options.

Also, it treats a much larger area at one time, so you can lay underneath it and treat your entire face without having to move the device around. Treatments are 20-30 minutes to get a really effective session. So that means with something like acne lamp, you would have to use it 20-30 minutes on each area of the face you are treating, which could result in having to sit there for an hour or more.

The BlueMD is our competing device to Tanda and Acne Lamp, and is actually quite a bit cheaper ($199) than either of those options.

Also, it treats a much larger area at one time, so you can lay underneath it and treat your entire face without having to move the device around. Treatments are 20-30 minutes to get a really effective session. So that means with something like acne lamp, you would have to use it 20-30 minutes on each area of the face you are treating, which could result in having to sit there for an hour or more.

Search my posts here.. I'd highly recommend using the Caribbean Sun Box. It's a strong light, small size, reasonably priced. You have to get the right bandwidth of light, right intensity, and right amount of daily exposure for the therapy to work and I've found CSB is the best of all worlds. I did a lot of research pre-purchase and found this was the best bang for the buck. I've had great success.

hmmm its pretty expensive..

PS - I used the CSB for about 10-12 minutes a day at first. now i'm down to 5 or 8. Not sure how much time i'd need with other devices but i know the CSB is bright as heck when I use it - which counts for somethign with the intensity.

Does BlueMD offer a red lamp product as well? Or a product that has both red and blue?

What are the additional benefits of yellow and infrared light? I've only heard about potential benefits from red and blue?

I'm a bit confused. Red light is different from infrared, right? So what does red light then actually do and at what nm does it operate?

Hey I just got a Carribean Sun Box today and though I can't speak for results yet I am impressed with the unit. It wasn't too expensive, it's really bright, and best of all it had free shipping! I live in Australia and generally to get the ones on ebay shipped was like $60 and just absurd but I ordered it from www.carribeansunbox.com and got in literally within a week. Not trying to plug the website and I will review the actual unit in a month or so. Also it doesn't require a voltage converter for countries outside us which might catch some ppl who live anywhere the voltage is higher than 110v out.

Hi I just posted this somewhere else so I am just going to cope and paste it here

Hi I spend $600.00 on a red light and a blue light from this website.

promolife.com/pain-relief/led-light-therapy/pro-model-3800/prod_1196.html

These are the only lights that I found that are most like the ones in doctors offices and they penetrate deeper into your skin then the other lights. They have worked for me a lot I would say on a scale of 1-10 on bad skin I was a 10 .. Now after using the lights I would say I am a 5.. It's not 100% better yet but I am hoping down the road that it gets better. The red/infrared light is the light the closes your pores and the blue light is the one that kills bacteria. But you have to make sure that the wavelength is below 425 for the blue light because anything high then that does not kill the bacteria. My redness has went down almost 100% and my scars have faded to where I am not embarrassed to go outside anymore.