Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

Wouldn't it be cool if...

Wouldn't it be cool if there was like an acne convention or something? A bunch of acne sufferers could go have a day out or something, lord knows some of us need it! :P Just think, you could go swimming and wouldn't have to worry because you'd be with a group of people who don't really care, and won't judge you and you could relax and have fun. You could do anything basically care-free. :)

It was just a passing day-dream I guess, but what do you think?

I remember seeing a thread on something similar..like acne summer camp or something lol

Yeah I agree, you would just be totally care free and I wouldn't have the need to wear any make up :( *sigh*

Wow, this sounds like a great idea.

I also had another idea in my mind. Why not have a show called "Get me clear." It's like "The Biggest Loser" but instead, they're trying to get rid of their acne.

Yes I'd love an org convention type of thing...but that's because I really do have some amazing friends from this site.

I also want to say that I hope you don't let acne keep you from doing what you want all the time. That will only breed regret. It can be hard sometimes to go out and enjoy life, but perhaps start doing so on your own...like a small walk around your neighborhood or a park, and then extending that to spending time with a close friend. Just take gradual steps if you are used to being alone.

This may sound weird to you, but I encourage hanging out with an elderly person for a day. Hear their life experiences, everything they have seen and done...it will help to open your eyes to the big picture in life, instead of the rather narrow one most of us have when we are younger.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Ezento98 - Man, if it was televised I have to say I probably wouldn't go on it. But if not then definitely!! :D

Kairasa - I try to go out and enjoy myself, but as I'm sure you know you usually have that self-consciousness in the back of the mind when you're out with a bunch of clear-skinned people. My point was you wouldn't even have any of that if there was like an acne field trip. :P

I would still be self conscious LOL. I see tons of people with pimples and acne everyday, I cant look them in my eye, no matter what, even if they have huge cysts and I just have a few blemishes I think mine is worse :(

That's true. An acne-field trip...that just made me laugh and think of those little trips you went on back in the day with your little brown-bagged lunch and parents accompanying you. I never understood why they took you to ballet's and things when you were 5 and not...say...in high school. I used all those occasions for naptime back then.lol

we have talked about this before and it was always an awesome idea. I can only wish tho.....i know some amazing people on this site :)

yeah that would be totally awesome!! it would indeed finally be a chance to do things that normal people do! like swimming and stuff :D