Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnaAlessa

Folliculitis treatment

I've just been to the derm today as i got sick and tired of trying to find out a treatment for folliculitis myself.Just like most of you guys in here, i've diagnosed myself with the help of all the info and pictures i found on the internet.So the derm told me that what i have is some kind of folliculitis, but i need to take some further tests to see if it's yeast, fungus or bacteria induced.

These tests i'm going to take the next week, until then i've been given a treatment and some tips ;) which i'll share with you in hope it's going to help some of you out there.

First of all i told her the little inflamed bumps go away when i'm sunbathing in the summer and she advised me not to do that again, as folliculitis has the ugly habit of coming back stronger and becomes more persistent.IF i really want to tan then i must apply a lot of sunscreen with a high SPF.

Other than that she gave me an antibacterial cleansing foam from SebaMed, a German product you can find over here or over here, Telfast pills and Fucidn cream to apply on the lesions twice a day.

Until receiving this this treatment i have had great results with Head and Shoulders shampoo which made my active folliculitis decrease to probably 10%.

I will get back to you as soon as i see any kind of results from this new treatment.

I have also attached 2 pics of my folliculitis, as it is right now, before starting the new regimen.

Hope this info helps you guys ;)

post-75657-1240938633_thumb.jpg

post-75657-1240938672_thumb.jpg

post-75657-1240938633_thumb.jpg

post-75657-1240938672_thumb.jpg

after having finished this treatment along with taking oral nizoral (ketokonazole) for the past 10 days i can say that my folliculitis is gone now (no more new lesions, inflamed spots and so on), the only thing remaining to get rid of is the annoying brown scars left behind. I'm still using fucidin for the upcoming week and i'll be going to the seaside to tan a bit so that the scars become less visible. It seems that i had fungal folliculitis as it responded quite well to the treatment. I've been told the brown spots will eventually fade, but i shouldn't expect to get rid of them in a few weeks time, gotta be patient :D

During the treatment i've also used Zynerit on the active inflammations and they calmed down in no more than a day :)

good luck to anyone trying to get rid of this very ugly skin disease.

PS: let me know how it works if any of you try this treatment. :)