Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
a.collantes

Can you have breakouts even after you are clear?

Greetings,

I started my regimen more than six months ago and I have to say, thank you Dan Kern!!! On my previous posts, I said that I get an average of one pimple a day, especially on the cheeks and below the hairline. It was like a month ago, but I seldom have pimples on my chin, jawline, and the temples.

Now after six months, I very cleared up, like 90 percent, I have these little blackheads but I can cope with that. My only problems is red marks and those very hard to get blackheads on the nose. Its so much better than nothing

Now this is my question, is it normal to get breakouts even after you are cleared up? What can you do if this happen?

Can you regimen users give your opinion especially for those that are cleared up and those in the regimen after 7 or 8 months?

hope you can reply

It's perfectly normal and realistic to expect periodic breakouts or a few blemishes/blackheads here and there. There are many factors that contribute to acne (hormones, diet, stress, hygiene, etc.) so there's just no way to prevent it 100%. But the great thing about Dan's regimen is that it helps you control your breakouts, making them less frequent. Aside from Dan's regimen, other options for getting rid of that remaining 10% (and red marks) would be to visit a dermatologist and get a prescription for hormone therapy (i.e., spironolactone and birth control), try a vitamin A product (retin-A micro, differin, tazorac, etc), or try microdermabrasion. These options have all worked for me. Keep in mind that vitamin A products can cause further irritation when combined with a regimen that includes BP, thus resulting in irritated skin and breakouts...so weigh your options and discuss them with a dermatologist. We all react differently to products based on our skin type, so ultimately you'll have to figure out what works best for you. It sounds like you're already on the right track!