Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darken

whats the best acne treatment out there?

what is the best acne treatment for moderate acne like mine? and it cant be proactive,velocity,clean and clear advantage cuz non of those work for me

We're all different. Nobody knows the best acne treatment available. There really isn't a cure for any acne. It's a disease that requires patience for it to go away

We're all different. Nobody knows the best acne treatment available. There really isn't a cure for any acne. It's a disease that requires patients for it to go away

Yes, I agree. Although one treatment might work for someone, it might not work for another person.

I think you should see a dermatologist about acne treatments. Your derm will probably give you a topical retinoid to start off, which are basically creams or gels that you put on your face every night. He/She may also make a custom regimen for you to fallow daily which can include facial cleanser recommendations, moisturizers, dietary things that can help etc.

For moderate inflammatory acne, here are a few regimen options:

Benzoyl Peroxide -- Either the Acne.org regimen or a prescription product such as Benzaclin

Topical Retinoids -- Prescription (Retin A, Tazorac, Differin), combined with a short course of oral antibiotics and possibly a topical antibiotic or BP wash

Topical Retinoids -- OTC, combined with salicylic acid

Aczone -- new antibacterial, anti-inflammatory topical, possibly combined with BP or a topical retinoid

Really, a lot depends on whether you are under the care of a derm, whether you have insurance, and how much money you are willing to spend.