Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, details aside, my (really good) friend's mom is doing a new clothing/makeup line (strange switch from soap opera production/direction! :P). It's a little thing, nothing big, back in Pakistan. She of course asked her daughter (my friend) to model some of her new clothing and stuff, and she's asked my friend to ask me to join her and try it out when I go over this summer - bc she really likes my face and my 'look' for her first catalogue. She wants to try around with some photoshoots.

I don't know if I should go for it though :redface:

My skin is recovering from that nasty breakout, and I hope to be clear by summer break... but I don't know.

I know there'll be other girls there too, with her mom being in the TV business.

I think it's an opportunity to feel pretty for once... but I'm so nervous... I don't know if I have the guts to do it!

So... should I try it out? Or... will it only make me feel worse about myself with the other girls around/the fact that it's a very "looks oriented" industry? :redface:

Also, I'm kinda nervous about the products her makeup artist will put on my face :|

Argh, skin! :doh:

Go for it! Don't let these opportunities drift away :angel:

If you get nervous of what kind of products they are putting on your face, be direct and ask them, explain why your concerned, i'm sure they would understand, being in the modelling industry.

YYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSS you should do it! i wouldn't worry about how your acne will look, it's amazing what they can do with lighting, you proably won't even be able to see your acne.

Just remember that not everyone in the media has perfect skin. Everyone wears makeup (even the guys) and so if you're pretty but with acne then I say go for it, lifes too short kid.

Aw, that sounds wonderful! And also a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! I say go for it, and have fun while there. Don't delude yourself into thinking that these girls are somehow prettier than you, for you are gorgeous hun, acne or not!

Just remember that not everyone in the media has perfect skin. Everyone wears makeup (even the guys) and so if you're pretty but with acne then I say go for it, lifes too short kid.

Agreed! GO FOR IT! You might end up having fun. :) And you are gorgeous, Ms. Oh So. :D

Um, yay. Easily. Someone with your physical gifts and features should definitely be in modeling. People on television, and models in photo shoots aren't perfect. Airbrushing and photoshop is common. You'll do fine.

^ I don't know about physical gifts and features, but I think I'll go for it if I'm in Pakistan this summer... she must like something about the way I look to have asked :)

Thanks guys!