Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shooshoo

Papaya Soap Cured my Bacne

A few years ago (when I was a teenager), my aunt from the philippines recommended papaya soap for acne. It was a bit drying for my face, but since I bought a bulk of it, I used the rest of it on my body so as not to waste it. Evenutally my back acne completely cleared up (I was about 20 years old, and I thought I was simply growing out of my bacne and never thought it may have been the papaya soap that cleared me up). About six months after I ran out of papaya soap, my bacne started to come up again.

The thing with back acne is that it sort of comes back slowly, but with a vengence, and you never really notice it because it's on your back, and so I lived with my growing bacne for about 1 or 2 years before I had a eureka moment last month. When my aunt came to visit last month from the philippines, I asked her to bring a SHIT LOAD of papaya soap. Now my back is 95% clear from using JUST the papaya soap for the past month or so, and the hyperpigmentation is slowly fading away. Granted, the dark spots remain now, but I was able to get completely 100% clear (no acne, no hyperpigementation) from the papaya soap some 4 or 5 years ago. I know that by the end of this year, my bacne will be completely gone, just like it did then but now I will give credit where credit is due and attribute it to the papaya soap, and not just me "growing out of it."

The only catch is that papaya soap isn't really sold in the U.S., or it's expensive if you try to get it off of ebay or anything like that. But if you live in Asia and can get hold of Papaya soap, then it's completely worth it, and I highly recommend it. I don't think it really matters what brand you use, but I use Kissa and Likas.

You think they'll have some at the Asian market? We have a ton of those stores around here in WA. xD and they're mainly ran by Pinoy

yeah, actually they might have some there if it's a big enough kind of asian market and they sell beauty supplies. good call :) I will check some of the asian markets here too to see. Thanks

I was able to find soap on amazon, and I'll order it because it's only $4.

Did you use it once or twice a day?

I use it once a day as it can be drying due to the exfoliation of the papaya enzyme papain. I also use PROVON medicated soap after to keep acne bacteria at bay.

I make sure to moisturize with non clogging lotion by Cetaphil lotion. Benz for spot treating only.

I think the papaya soap alone will not clear up all the acne as you still need to control the bacteria. Just my two cents.

Good Luck!

I was able to find soap on amazon, and I'll order it because it's only $4.

Did you use it once or twice a day?

I use it once a day as it can be drying due to the exfoliation of the papaya enzyme papain. I also use PROVON medicated soap after to keep acne bacteria at bay.

I make sure to moisturize with non clogging lotion by Cetaphil lotion. Benz for spot treating only.

I think the papaya soap alone will not clear up all the acne as you still need to control the bacteria. Just my two cents.

Good Luck!

i have a 5% bp wash, do you think that'll work?

I use a small amount of provon each shower 2-3 times per day...3 times on gym days. papaya once a day for all affected areas.

provon doesn't lather a whole lot but that's probably why it doesn't dry you out like other products. it's the CHLOROXYLENOL (PCMX) that kills the bacteria.

I just stopped taking doxy this week, which I had been taking for 8 months. I'm so afraid that my body acne will come back , so I bought a papaya soap yesterday, just to give it a try. Even though I don't expect a miracle from this , I still hope that it can help prevent my acne from coming back in full force.

Just see what will happen in the next few days/weeks, if they don't come back in a large amount then I think the papaya soap will be the one that's doing the work.

I'll post again next week. ;)

(By the way, I bought a brand called RDL)

yes, I only used it once a day on my back (I only shower once a day).

It gives you a sort of "squeeky clean" feeling, which I really like. It also helps to prevent ingrown hairs on my legs when shaving. I love papaya soap! Next time I go to the philippines, I am stocking up!