Notifications
Clear all

Lemon Vs. Lime Juice

MemberMember
(@jayc)

Posted : 05/31/2004 5:26 pm

Hi guys,

I have a quick question for anyone who has any experiences or knowledge on what im about to ask in this post. I am currently using Fresh Lemon topically on my face to help with my redmarks. I love the results im getting. I do believe it has helped a tiny bit to decrease the redness and it leaves my face feeling incredibly smooth after each use. I usually keep the lemon on for about 6 to 7 hours. Then rinse it off with just cold water.

I've been reading some good things about how Lime Juice is considered an excellent skin whitener. People back in the day used to use this for facials(topically). Since skin whiteners are usually good for redmarks, i'm considering taking a couple tablespoons of lime juice with my water by mouth. Because I dont wanna be using the Lemon and the Lime topically together. May cause me to breakout. The lemon currently is doing an excellent job of not letting that happen.

Do you guys think this is a good idea? Are Lemon and Lime generally the same?

Thanks Alot.

MemberMember
(@missionaryman101)

Posted : 05/31/2004 6:11 pm

Can you give me a bit more info on how you apply the lemon on topically?

Im using vinegar (1:1 water).... Could I use both or is one enough?

Im wondering if I should change vinegar to lemon.... Im getting a bit impatient!

MemberMember
(@jayc)

Posted : 05/31/2004 6:29 pm

make sure your face is clean first of all....no BP or other bullshit on it.

i cut the lemon in half.

I then take the seeds out from the center with a knife.

I then poke holes in the lemon where the seeds were and around that, so it gets juicy.

I then stand beside a mirror and rub it all over my face.

BE AWARE.....it will sting like a BEOTCH for the first 2 minutes. Especially if you have any little cuts.

Then it will be okay. Dont pat your face dry or anything. Let it absorb in by itself. Then continue on with your day. Im not to sure about the vinegar. Never tried it.

MemberMember
(@frozenblizz)

Posted : 05/31/2004 7:11 pm

Yeah, try putting undiluted vinegar on right after you shave. That should be a good substitute for coffee in the morning.

MemberMember
(@ballaballa)

Posted : 05/31/2004 8:14 pm

can i put on lemon juice at night?

MemberMember
(@jayc)

Posted : 05/31/2004 8:28 pm

ahhhhhhh why are people asking me questions.....im in need of freaking answers.

Lemon Juice at night?! I DON'T think that would work out so good because i think its alot easier to rub off on your pillow since it doesnt really completly absorb. Second, it will make ur face a bit sticky....so you might wake up with a bunch of fluff and dust pieces stuck to ur face.

Just use it in the day.

MemberMember
(@ballaballa)

Posted : 05/31/2004 8:47 pm

i did a lil research and lemon juice really does help with acne marks so im gonna try it. I also read that cucumber juice is also good for marks. Anybody tried these methods?

MemberMember
(@badass912)

Posted : 05/31/2004 8:49 pm

how would lemon juice fit in with the regime?

MemberMember
(@missionaryman101)

Posted : 05/31/2004 11:18 pm

lol...

well if lemons are helping you, why woudl you want to switch to limes anyway?

Do a patch test...

MemberMember
(@jayc)

Posted : 05/31/2004 11:43 pm

i dont wanna use the lime topically. I wanna mix it with my drinking water. So while the lemon works externally, the lemon is doing its shit from the inside out.

speeding the whole process.

MemberMember
(@jc)

Posted : 05/31/2004 11:47 pm

ballaballa...I've tried doing cucumber masks on my face (just peel and apply!), and it's supposed to be only good for whitening your face. But not so much spot treatments.

I use about 3/4 white vinegar and 1/4 lemon juice in mine. The lemon juice makes it smell much better too!

P.S. It's very convenient to juice your own lemons (I have an old school centrifugal type spinning juicer), and then keep the juice in a bottle. Then use cotton balls to apply.

MemberMember
(@iwishihadclearskin)

Posted : 12/21/2010 10:05 pm

Im also applying lemon tropically and drinking lime juice hopefully it helps a bit

MemberMember
(@floopy)

Posted : 07/02/2020 8:25 pm

lemon on your face in the day may cause photosensitivity....allso thats a long time to leave it on ..i hope it doesemt dry out your skin..its very acidic..interesting the lighning effects are working well..

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 07/03/2020 1:52 pm

Are you serious? This thread was posted in 2004! Possibly older than some of you. LOL

MemberMember
(@ferraritradersgmail-com)

Posted : 07/03/2020 10:00 pm

8 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Are you serious? This thread was posted in 2004! Possibly older than some of you. LOL

there's no email notification optionon the posts... at least by default... nor an option to be notified of new replies on the thread. Most likely the original poster will not know if there's a reply unless they come back to the site, lol