Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
takkarmeg

MILK :D (I LOVE IT!) any options?

ive heard Milk can be realy bad for acne, true? and if so, is full milk worse than (dont know the name) "light" milk or whatever?

Moved to the Nutrition and Holistic Health forum.

takkarmeg, could you please make an effort to create threads in the appropriate forums? Announcements and Feedback should really only be used for threads about how the board is functioning.

ive heard Milk can be realy bad for acne, true? and if so, is full milk worse than (dont know the name) "light" milk or whatever?

One study I know of found that skimmed milk actually aggravated acne more than whole milk.

dairy overall is hard for most adults to digest so if you can do without it I personally would. I don't drink milk anymore and am trying not to eat anything with dairy in it (which is the hardest part).

Aged cheeses with a higher fat content might be tolerated in moderation if you have problems with milk and cream. Most if not all of the lactose had been fermented and the casein content is usually lower than most commercial dairy as well.

I've actually upped my intake of milk and soy milk the past 2 months or so. So far it hasn't had any negative effects.

Have you tried almond milk? I tried that for awhile when I was trying to see if dairy was a trigger for my acne (it wasn't). I can't live without some sort of milk in my cereal, and almond milk was a nice alternative for awhile.

One study I know of found that skimmed milk actually aggravated acne more than whole milk.

Interesting.I read a study that said it is actually the FAT in milk (and in beef) that makes acne worse,and that skim is better.

So many theories...never know what to think.

Interesting.I read a study that said it is actually the FAT in milk (and in beef) that makes acne worse,and that skim is better.

There are many ways milk can contribute to acne. There's allergy and lactose intolerance. There's the IGF1 it contains. And possibly the iodine which may contribute to acne in excessive amounts, although I think you have to be eating a reeally bad diet to get such amounts.

The fat isn't a problem for most people.

Dairy in the limited amounts I eat isn't a problem for me. But it is common and something everyone should try avoiding to see if it helps.

personally, milk has never been a significant problem. i have a bowl of cereal every morning with semi skimmed milk and have done since.. god knows. i cut it out for a little while, just to experiment, and it made no change. so i guess it depends on the person.

i guess you could try cutting it out too for a little while and see if it makes any changes?

Do you have a link to the study?

If your from America milk could contain excess hormones as a by product from the cows. If digestion as is in my case lactose free milk can be used without adverse side effects.

you need calcium, im sure a lack of calcium can only make your acne worse as it is involved in the membrane permeability of all cells, like how responsive cells are to insulin and stuff like that.

you are better off drinking only enough to get daily calcium needs.

Give goat's milk a shot; check google to see the differences between it and cow's milk -it's supposedly better tolerated. I also recommend plain yogurt over milk; why not get your probiotics, calcium and other nutrients in one delicious & nutritious food?

Calcium is necessary for strong teeth and bones. Although if you are allergic, I would avoid it Utterly.

Calcium is necessary for strong teeth and bones. Although if you are allergic, I would avoid it Utterly.

I think acne then would be the least of their problems LOL