Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well, at least you realize this. That being said, there isn't a 'cure-all' for ANY mentality. If you really wish to change, reevaluate why you feel this way. Search for something positive if everyone you meet, because you'll be surprised to find that while not everyone is 'physically attractive' according to society, beauty is all about perception. And there is a whole heck of a lot more to a person than their face.

I would say that you just have to force yourself to act the way that you want to act. I'm in the same boat right now with anxiety. I just started accutane 1 month ago and i feel like a nervous wreck all the time waiting for mental side effects. The thing is that i know it's all in my head, I am making myself worry when there is no reason. If you know whats right just do it regardless of all the side streets your mind will tryin take you down.

Learn meditation. You can start by dismissing any negative eruptions of thought. If you do make an involuntary judgment, just drop it, don't berate yourself or continue with that line of thinking. That will only cause you to dwell on the issue longer, strengthening its control over you. Instead, your aim is to weaken these unwanted nerve connections in your brain, and eventually your brain will discard them altogether from disuse. With enough practice, you will be able to reprogram your thought process so that you dictate your thoughts, not the other way around.. power to you young grasshopper :cool:

It will come naturally. You'll begin to see that looks are only on the outside. People have so much more to offer, and there is a strong chance you are letting some great pass by without ever knowing it.