Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been following a low carb, high fat diet and it has helped a lot with my acne probably cause i do believe im suffering from candida due to long term use of acne antibiotics (kinda ironic) the problem is that my workouts have been suffering and my energy and strength seems to have decrease and this bothers me cause i train mixed martial arts and i dont like the fact that it seems like there has to be a tradeoff between clear skin and training hard with good results. I was just wondering if there was anybody out there that has been on a low carb high fat diet for a long period of time that has good results in the gym and doing strenous workouts? maybe my body needs more time to adjust at using fat as fuel? i found a couple of websites claiming that the body prefers fats as energy but then i also found many more websites that claim that athletes that have hard workouts NEED Carboyhydrates since its supposedly the best energy provider. anybody have any ideas or comments?

Hi Rosenfeltc.

I think it'd probably be a good idea to raise your carbohydrate intake. After a few months of very low carb, my hair started to fall out, my metabolism slowed (i keep a temperature chart; I saw my body heat plummet and I started to gain weight, those can be signs of slow metabolism or slow thyroid function.) Once I added back carbs into every meal about a month and a half ago, I got really lean again and stopped needing to take naps during the day because I had more energy. Because of your lack of energy, It sounds like your body is definitely not liking the lack of carbohydrate fuel. That's just my two cents, but since I'm a female and not a bodybuilder or anything I understand that we're in different situations.

well what you guys are saying makes sense in fact i know my energy has decreased and also my strength but doesn't carbs feed candida?

well what you guys are saying makes sense in fact i know my energy has decreased and also my strength but doesn't carbs feed candida?

Look into the Specific Carbohydrate Diet; it's given me and several others amazing results. The underlying principle is eating foods that our body is able to easily digest and assimilate so as not to feed pathogenic bacteria in the gut.

Best of luck.

Alot of anti-candida diets allow and even encourage moderate amounts of unrefined, low gi foods, like quinoa, beans, and oats. You could try and experiment foods like these.

You also might want to take a look at the book "Paleo Diet for Athletes" by Cordain.

thank you all for the advice but i'm still so confused because there is so much contradictory advice out there. By following the anti candida diet on healingnaturallybybee.com my skin improves and my acne starts to disappear but my energy and strength also decrease. Do you guys think that maybe i'm just benefitting from avoiding dairy, sugar, and processed foods. Maybe i would be okay eating fruit, vegetables and unprocessed carbs like wheat and oats? i just don't know what to do because if i'm wrong and i break my diet, i'll break out horribly again but i also want to go back to training and right now i can't do hardly any work outs cause i have no energy. Anybody have any suggestions? Also, is there anybody out here that doesnt believe in the chronic candidiasis theory, with possibly some evidence to support??

thank you all for the advice but i'm still so confused because there is so much contradictory advice out there. By following the anti candida diet on healingnaturallybybee.com my skin improves and my acne starts to disappear but my energy and strength also decrease. Do you guys think that maybe i'm just benefitting from avoiding dairy, sugar, and processed foods. Maybe i would be okay eating fruit, vegetables and unprocessed carbs like wheat and oats? i just don't know what to do because if i'm wrong and i break my diet, i'll break out horribly again but i also want to go back to training and right now i can't do hardly any work outs cause i have no energy. Anybody have any suggestions? Also, is there anybody out here that doesnt believe in the chronic candidiasis theory, with possibly some evidence to support??

This is how it works.

I'm guessing the anti candida diet you are following is low in carbs. Carbs are the body's preferred source of energy, and when you reduce your carb intake, unsurprisingly, you become more tired and sluggish. If you keep carb intake pretty low for a few days, you will start to use fat as fuel and start to feel more normal again soon enough, provided you have enough fat.

Just stay on it if you're doing really low carb.

Well im back on it and i've been on it now for 2 weeks and still have no energy. You said that carbs are the body's preferred source of energy so does this mean that as long as im on the candida diet, and therefore using fat as fuel, i will not be able to do strenuous exercise, gain muscle and strength? are you on a candida diet glass danse?

First of all, Fruit sugars may cause breakouts in some people. Others, like me, eat a great deal of it without problems.

Second, a anti-candida diet is supposed to be temporary. How long have you been doing it?

Third, most anti-candida diets merely have you avoid sugars, fruit, dairy, refined grain products like bread, anything fungal related such as mushrooms, vinegars, anything with yeast, etc. Maybe anything that might have mold like nuts, uncooked grains. They don't have you avoid all carbs. Temporarily.

Why don't you try adding in some more unrefined carbs and eat a lot of antifungal foods like garlic.

Well im back on it and i've been on it now for 2 weeks and still have no energy. You said that carbs are the body's preferred source of energy so does this mean that as long as im on the candida diet, and therefore using fat as fuel, i will not be able to do strenuous exercise, gain muscle and strength? are you on a candida diet glass danse?

No.

Alot of anti-candida diets allow and even encourage moderate amounts of unrefined, low gi foods, like quinoa, beans, and oats. You could try and experiment foods like these.

You also might want to take a look at the book "Paleo Diet for Athletes" by Cordain.

Third, most anti-candida diets merely have you avoid sugars, fruit, dairy, refined grain products like bread, anything fungal related such as mushrooms, vinegars, anything with yeast, etc. Maybe anything that might have mold like nuts, uncooked grains. They don't have you avoid all carbs. Temporarily.

Why don't you try adding in some more unrefined carbs and eat a lot of antifungal foods like garlic.

:think: