Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KevenWK

My derm said this is scar tissue build up...

These are some non painful, skin colored bumps which are pretty noticable in light. Here are some pictures, please tell me if it is and what type it is and how i can treat them, its really affecting my social life and self esteem.

post-102084-1240887614_thumb.jpg

post-102084-1240887645_thumb.jpg

post-102084-1240887614_thumb.jpg

post-102084-1240887645_thumb.jpg

I have the same thing. It KILLS me everytime I look in the mirror. I actually prefer my acne than these marks on the nose - the most prominent part of our face. :(

Anyways, I've been trying to forget about them - try to stop touching them because it'll only make it worse and it'll just get me thining about it. Do you play with your nose a lot? or try to pop black heads? I honestly think mine are a result of that - but I could be wrong because I've only noticed them recently . Obviously, I stopped playing with my nose all together because I don't want to make matters worse. I'm pretty sure they aren't pimples - at least mine aren't!

If they aren't pimples, I don't know what can be done to treat it. Any kind of plastic surgery would leave obviously scarring... for now. hopefully they'll just disappear as I get older.

These are some non painful, skin colored bumps which are pretty noticable in light. Here are some pictures, please tell me if it is and what type it is and how i can treat them, its really affecting my social life and self esteem.

If it is keloidal type scarring, ask your derm about cortisone injections. That's one procedure that sometimes helps keloids.

If it is not keloidal, laser surgery might help.

Oh my goodness I have the same thing on mine LOL. I think it is/or was the moisturizer I had been using that finally caught up to me on the surface of my skin. My sides and along the bridge of my nose broke out in white heads because I was using aloe and jojoba oil on my t-zone and I just learned it will only work on my cheeks. I just whipped on my jojoba oil and shea moisturizer and it cleared up the zits then that huge *rhymes with sucker* just ached its way up LOL. I wear glasses so yeah it hurts but its also for me not to noticeable since I do. I am just going to leave it alone and see how it acts by friday before I just use purpose cleansing bar on it. I have no real advice for treatment but I feel your pain man. I only have one so i'm sorry and trust I feel this with you!! :doh: