Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on Differin for about 3.5 months, and have seen a dramatic improvement in my acne. The only pimples I get (if you even want to call them pimples) are these little itty bitty teeny weenie white heads that form that I, and only I, would notice. I simply pass one of my finger nails across it and it's gone. Amazing!

My only problem now, is this dry, flaky skin. It's rather horrific. I only apply the Differin at night on my forehead, and chin, and then apply Theraplex moisturizer. But still the dry skin prevails. Just to give an example, if I get an itch on my chin, and scratch at it a little bit, I'll look in the mirror to find ALL this dead skin everywhere in that area that was disturbed and scattered. Sheesh. BUT. I will definitely take the dry skin over the acne. Differin is amazing. And being I have SUPER oily skin, if I wait about an hour or two after washing my face and not mess and disturb the flaking skin... the oil simply hides the flakes. But I know that flaking skin isn't exactly healthy...

Soo.. I was just wondering what I could do about it? I have a small facial pad exfoliator that I use about once a week in the tub. Should I use it more?.. I'm afraid to cause more damage than good with this super sensitive skin of mine.

I've been on Differin for about 3.5 months, and have seen a dramatic improvement in my acne. The only pimples I get (if you even want to call them pimples) are these little itty bitty teeny weenie white heads that form that I, and only I, would notice. I simply pass one of my finger nails across it and it's gone. Amazing!

My only problem now, is this dry, flaky skin. It's rather horrific. I only apply the Differin at night on my forehead, and chin, and then apply Theraplex moisturizer. But still the dry skin prevails. Just to give an example, if I get an itch on my chin, and scratch at it a little bit, I'll look in the mirror to find ALL this dead skin everywhere in that area that was disturbed and scattered. Sheesh. BUT. I will definitely take the dry skin over the acne. Differin is amazing. And being I have SUPER oily skin, if I wait about an hour or two after washing my face and not mess and disturb the flaking skin... the oil simply hides the flakes. But I know that flaking skin isn't exactly healthy...

Soo.. I was just wondering what I could do about it? I have a small facial pad exfoliator that I use about once a week in the tub. Should I use it more?.. I'm afraid to cause more damage than good with this super sensitive skin of mine.

You can exfoliate twice a week.

Also try using a different moisturizer. The one I use is pretty good.

Try Jojoba oil! I've been using Differin for a little longer than you have, and I've had the same problem with dry skin. As soon as I used Jojoba oil though, it disappeared! :D It smoothes out your skin, too. Anyway, I only use Jojoba oil in the morning after I take a shower; it keeps my face flake free all day.

Be careful with exfoliation. That can work, but it can also irritate skin if your skin is sensitive.

I suggest trying a new moisturizer. I've been using Differin .1% for about 9 months now, and I also see an improvement but I have to moisturize every night. I use a combination of Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream and a dab of 100% Aloe Vera Gel. I put less than a pea size of both in my hand, swirl them around, and apply to my face. It not only keeps it moisturized, but also helps with redness.