Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hii, I just started taking yasmin birth control 12 days ago. I've had my period for TWELVE DAYS. Yeah, it hasn't stopped since I started the pill! It's SUPER light now, barely anything. But it's annoying that I still have to wear a panty liner :S Is This normal for the first month??

And how long did it take you before you noticed a difference in your acne after starting birth control? Which one did you use? Did you go through an 'initial breakout' like I am? How long did that last? Haha, I'm getting impatient, my skin is so bad!

Thanks!

Hii, I just started taking yasmin birth control 12 days ago. I've had my period for TWELVE DAYS. Yeah, it hasn't stopped since I started the pill! It's SUPER light now, barely anything. But it's annoying that I still have to wear a panty liner :S Is This normal for the first month??

And how long did it take you before you noticed a difference in your acne after starting birth control? Which one did you use? Did you go through an 'initial breakout' like I am? How long did that last? Haha, I'm getting impatient, my skin is so bad!

Thanks!

Please read Yasmin disclaimer.

They tell you it can make acne worse.

As far as your period, it sounds about right. Same thing happened to me while I was on YAZ.

Yasmine worked wonders for my skin. I had nodular acne for years and this was the only treatment that worked. It took several months for my body to adjust but once it did my skin was flawless. The only downside is that it killed my libido. When I say killed I mean obliterated. This was a HUGE problem for my fiance and so I decided to get off of it. It has been 4 months so far, my skin is getting worse but my libido hasn't returned. I've done a bit of research on this and apparently this is a long term side effect that may never go away! I am going to give it a few more months and if things don't improve I am going to get back on the Yasmine. This product worked well for me but the side effects can be a problem.