Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newmen

Starting Accutane tomorrow!

I am starting Accutane tomorrow, I will be taking 40 mg in the morning and 40 mg at night.

Any tips before I start it?

Buy moisturiser and lip balm. DRINK LOADS OF WATER EVERYDAY! it really does make a difference. :boogie:

hey, i started a month ago... loving how my skins clearing!! use plenty of moisturisers and vaseline at the ready! ha! you'll probably experience headaches and small backpain at the beginning, i had that 4 the first week but it went away after that!! xx

Keep a positive attitude!

Just because you breakout doesn't mean accutane won't work for you. Trust it and go with it. If you are breaking out a lot,don't freak out. Honestly, from what I've heard even the bad break outs won't be any worse than what you've had before, but you may break out just when you think you are clearing.

Seriously, keep a really positive attitude, it's helped me so much!!!! :]

And find a good moisturizer and lip balm, you'll need it.

CHAP STICK. buy tons of it to go EVERYWHERE. you dont want to forget it.

and remember...you will have good and bad days. but keep your chin up, because you will look amazing in the end.

gooood luck!!!!!!!!1 :D

My basic Accutane wisdom would have to be:

1. Drink water

2. Wear sunscreen

3. Moisturize (lips especially)

I also took fish oil throughout my course, and I think it helped (I was noticeably drier and less smooth during the few weeks I'd run out of fish oil.)

Also, check out some of the product recommendations on these boards for choosing moisturizers, sunscreens, etc. There are lots of em.

there's good news. If you have a horrible initial breakout you can stop it instantly. Mine was the worst breakout I've ever had in my life and it was during the first two weeks of accutane. I mean horrible, maybe 50 cyst like pimples just shot out of nowhere. My derm gave me a perscription of prednisone 20mg a day and it started to work within an hour. 5 days later I was acne free. Good Luck.