Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Saw a photo of myself at christmas yesterday, and my skin was much worse back then.

I think I may have discovered I'm lactose intolerant, which makes me really happy , caus thats something I can do to help my skin, which I can control. It's worth trying out the holisitc stuff if u haven't already.

I'm really glad I had this place to vent when I [seriously] needed to. The main thing I learnt here is that you're never alone with your acne. There are always thousands of other people feeling the same, or worse than you, who understand. Society is just messed up the way it makes us punish ourselves for acne. This is what I need to remember,

1. There are people who love me, for me. Everybody else doesn't matter AT ALL.

2. I look fucking beautiful to them, acne or not.

3. Society is a messed up thing, made up of all different people, good, bad, passive, extremist, ordinary, religious, etc. "Society" isn't perfect and it isn't always right. If someone judges me cusa acne, fine, they're nothing but a product of the times. And if they think I'm ugly caus I have acne, fine, caus every single fuckin person in the world has their own perspective, and to others, my acne doesn't matter. The thing that pisses me off the most about acne; people looking at me thinking I must treat my body like sh*t to have that on my face, I can't stand that, because I don't. But from now on, if they want to think that, fine, caus I know I don't and my perspective is all that matters to me.

I hope it's going well for everyone.

This post makes me happy.

The holistic stuff does work really well, I also recently found out that I don't bid well with dairy products.

I liked this. I'm glad you discovered you're lactose intolerant. You've eliminated a trigger of your acne, and can now incorporate healthier foods into your diet.

I guess it's better to be around people who've experienced the same problems. It's also nice that you've decided to become free. The people that love you will never leave. It's amusing how we spend hours to prepare ourselves before leaving into the real world. The mirror only reflects a costume. The image we want to convey is rarely the truth.

P.S. You've reminded me of how much I love Arial font! I'll use it forever from now on.

I liked this. I'm glad you discovered you're lactose intolerant. You've eliminated a trigger of your acne, and can now incorporate healthier foods into your diet.

I guess it's better to be around people who've experienced the same problems. It's also nice that you've decided to become free. The people that love you will never leave. It's amusing how we spend hours to prepare ourselves before leaving into the real world. The mirror only reflects a costume. The image we want to convey is rarely the truth.

P.S. You've reminded me of how much I love Arial font! I'll use it forever from now on.

Your posts are always so simple and positive. :D I like the way that you look at things. It would be nice if you could do it for yourself, too.

I agree, MORTALS1NN3R does have a rather positive perspective on the world. I hope he finds it easier to look at himself in that manner as well as time goes on. I know that he is a great person. =)

And Charlotte, I'm glad that you decided to share your feelings with us all. I know the emo boards are usually filled with rantings of hard times by frustrated people, but we welcome any and all feelings and happiness is definitely one of them.

Thanks again for sharing. =)