Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

right before i even start this post .. i dont want anyone to judge me because of my age or my views on certain things (that has happened in many instances and it is becoming tiresome)

this is the only place i feel i am not being judged so i am just going to put my heart on this post ..

i feel extremely lonely ... and its not about friends or family ... i have an extremely loving family and have a few close friends who are always there for me in my time of need ... no ... i am very blessed in those areas.

but as soon as i see a couple i feel like i could burst out crying. its getting ridiculous to the point of any flirting between any female and male and i instantly feel ugly and inferior to them, and instantly start to feel like i am the only person left on the planet. i feel so lonely it hurts. i see people flirting, couples kissing and so forth and i just cant stand it. I just want the ground to swallow me up. i know that obviously relationships are not the perfect picture i see around me, and behind closed doors everyone has there issues, but i just want someone of my own to accept the way i look, and at the least be slightly attracted to me. I know this will sound shallow, but for once i want to feel like the attractive one out of a group, and feel the i am the object of attraction, not the one that everyone is looking at and saying "eww". I feel hopeless. I have in the past got a few looks from guys, but that has been when my acne has cleared and when i am wearing a ton of slap. It seems to me that most of the guys i meet are shallow, whether that be because of the age or just because their personality is so shite. Obviously i know that not all guys are shallow, but the ones i meet seem to be that way. And because of this, i am actually starting to become afraid of the idea of someone being attracted to me, or someone wanting to have a relationship with me, as i feel that they would only want to start that relationship out of sympathy. My confidence and self esteem is at an all time low, and i feel so isolated. I feel like i am doomed to be lonely and unloved forever (which sounds pretty dramatic hehe) but it is just the way i am feeling. It may sound concieted (which i am definitely not) but i feel like i have a good personality, and i just feel that because of the way i look nobody wants to know. i feel so ugly and alone and i just dont know what to do.

im sorry this is so long, but i just need to get it out. Please dont write patronising comments saying "your only 16 blah blah" because i am very aware of the fact that i am 16, but that does not mean that i cannot feel lonely without some affection from the opposite sex.

I'll just write that I enjoyed reading your post, and it sounds like I could have typed those paragraphs myself. You made it very clear how you feel, and you can always share these things with us. The point of venting is to get everything out. Nobody is going to judge you. We're here to help. All the best.

See? No patronizing comments. I follow directions well.

I'll just write that I enjoyed reading your post, and it sounds like I could have typed those paragraphs myself. You made it very clear how you feel, and you can always share these things with us. The point of venting is to get everything out. Nobody is going to judge you. We're here to help. All the best.

See? No patronizing comments. I follow directions well.

thankyou for being so understanding.

even my close friends often judge me because of the way i feel, they laughed when i told them and said "quit being so desperate". That really hurt, it just made me feel like a loser. But i just want a guy who finds me attractive, acne included. Someone whos going to accept me for the way i look, and want to be in a relationship with me nonetheless.

i am glad we can vent these things out, i feel better already for just letting it fold out :).

*hug*

Most people feel this way - even though they may not show their insecurities. Especially in school when there are couples everywhere its so annoying lol. But you know most boys are clueless (and some are asses) so it'll happen eventually :D

I'm still in the process of weeding out the teenage idiots and finding Mr. Right :P

look o the bright side, at least you guys interested in you...meeting ppl is the first step and if you keep meeting ppl even if its like 100 you will find the guy you're after, the key is just to keep doing it and believe that you will meet him...oh and of course, never give up! I myself am in the same position as you, im 21 and i get a few girls looking at me, actually turning their heads, but coz of my low self esteem, social anxiety and crap social skills, i never follow up on these opportunities...so my point is...take every opportunity and keep searching.

Oh man, I relate to you completely. I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, I know it's terrible. My acne has isolated me completely from any prospects of maintaining a romantic relationship, though I've had them during clear periods. Now I've got persistent, terrible adult acne that's showing no signs of letting up, and feel like no one will want to date, let alone love me. It feels like it's too much to ask of someone - "love me in spite of my face." The face is what initially attracts someone to you, after all. What are you doing to clear your acne? If you're at your wit's end, maybe you should consider Accutane. You'll be able to get through the IB without having to worry about your significant other being put off by it, and once it's over you can make a fresh start. Of course there are underlying self-esteem blah blah blah issues, but they should be much easier to deal with when you get the worst problem out of the way. I hope you find somebody you love someday.

at the moment im finally going to try dans regimen because everything else i have tried hasnt worked as has messed up my skin :( hopefully fingers crossed, it will help to clear atleast some of the acne up! ive looked at accutane, but the side effects are so severe, im going to try and exhaust every other possible option before even considering it!

i feel your pain, acne does isolate you, and people cant be attracted to your personality at first because afterall, they are not even going to talk to you if theyre not attracted to you! uhh ....

thankyou .. and i hope you find somebody you love someday :]

look o the bright side, at least you guys interested in you...meeting ppl is the first step and if you keep meeting ppl even if its like 100 you will find the guy you're after, the key is just to keep doing it and believe that you will meet him...oh and of course, never give up! I myself am in the same position as you, im 21 and i get a few girls looking at me, actually turning their heads, but coz of my low self esteem, social anxiety and crap social skills, i never follow up on these opportunities...so my point is...take every opportunity and keep searching.

thankyou for your post.

whenever a guy looks at me i think hes looking at me cause of my acne and feeling sorry! its probably all in my mind ... but thats insecurity for you. haha it probably will be 100 when i finally meet someone :]

*hug*

Most people feel this way - even though they may not show their insecurities. Especially in school when there are couples everywhere its so annoying lol. But you know most boys are clueless (and some are asses) so it'll happen eventually :D

I'm still in the process of weeding out the teenage idiots and finding Mr. Right :P

haha teenage boys (most not all) are clueless! hehe ... keep weeding .. their will be a flower out there someday! (cheesy i know but i couldnt resist putting that hehe) :)

I hope things get better for you soon. Things for me have been pretty bad, imagine dating someone for almost a year, then as soon as you're clear of active acne because of accutane they tell you they don't love you anymore?

Just when I get a confidence boost from having improved skin, I get told I'm not loved anymore. Talk about 1 step forward 10 steps back. I guess I'm not good enough either way.

I hope things get better for you soon. Things for me have been pretty bad, imagine dating someone for almost a year, then as soon as you're clear of active acne because of accutane they tell you they don't love you anymore?

Just when I get a confidence boost from having improved skin, I get told I'm not loved anymore. Talk about 1 step forward 10 steps back. I guess I'm not good enough either way.

thats awful :(

but you are good enough everyway! just think now that youve got rid of your acne and are single, so many girls are going to want to date you! hehe positive thinking ( i know thats hypocrital to say because im not exactly thinking positive ) .... well i know its not that simple, but atleast your skin has improved!

im probably not helping, but instead of it being 1 step forward and ten steps back, think of it as ten steps forward and one step back :]

i know how you feel, untill some time ago i felt the same way..

at first i didnt care, but with time my loneliness grew, i never even dared talking to girls, and if i did, i never looked them in the eye, afraid that they would notice this curse called acne.

but 1 night, i somehow was almost clear, i dunno, i almost seemed like my acne was gone, i went out to party that night (yay finally a clear moment, lets live!!! :P)

then i met this girl, i felt so happy when my face looked clear, that i actually started talking to her rather than the other way around!

she became my gf, but as time passed, acne came back, i totally stressed out about seeing her, but i didnt notice a single change in her behavior because of it.

she didnt fell for me because of my clear skin that evening, she fell for me because i was confident!

so if u want a bf, be confident, the way you feel really does affect the way you look! and i know you are afraid of beeing rejected because of your acne, i still am.

but wether you have acne or not, getting rejected just happens sometimes :P

i hope you find someone soon, but dont stress out about it, your 16 so you have still got all the time in the world to find someone!! (i dont mean to be offensive about your age, sry if i do)

keep it up!

It sounds like you are in the same boat as a lot of people. The funny thing in that situation is that everybody feels so isolated, so alone. Nobody else could possible feel the way in which you do. Yet I can say, from personal experience, that I've felt as alone as you are.For me, it didn't have anything to do with acne or anything in particular actually...but that didn't make what I was feeling any less real.

I hope that you never, ever feel like you aren't worthy of love. It will come your way. I know that patience is sometimes hard to have and at times feels impossible...but it's worth it in the end. Oh, and being 16, that doesn't mean anything to me. Every age is capable of feeling love and the older you get, it may change in form and you may understand it on a deeper level...but everybody feels it. I know you'll find it eventually. =)

acne is the doorKNOB to loneliness.

its up to you to twist it and open the door.

my god you sound like me lol.

I was that exact person, weighed down by constantly feeling like i am 'the ugly one' of my group of friends. And yea,it was true. Teenage years were not good for me and throughout school i was the ugly one, thats definitely what i think looking back anyway. I look at pictures of myself even from when i was 18/19 and i think 'hideous,just hideous'.

Teenage years can just be awful for some people, i know on the relationship front they were for me. And boys of that age are twits. Thats all you need to know. I dated some guy when i was 17 and he broke up with me after seeing me with no make-up on :eh: That pretty much sums up my teenage years. A mess.

The way i see it now though is like this, teenage years = awful. early adult years = wonderful.

You mite at the minute see no possible change for you on the horizon. I know i sure as hell didnt. But i was wrong. Im turning 22 soon and couldnt be happier. I still get my 'ugly days' same as everyone else. The difference now is,when im having one, i have an amazing boyfriend to look me in the eye and say 'your gorgeous' and then i feel like there is no acne weight bearing down on me.

I hope you achieve a simliar ending to the teenage yeras as i did. Because i know that recent times have started to very slowly erase some of the awful memories of adolescence.

Hang in there.

i know how you feel, untill some time ago i felt the same way..

at first i didnt care, but with time my loneliness grew, i never even dared talking to girls, and if i did, i never looked them in the eye, afraid that they would notice this curse called acne.

but 1 night, i somehow was almost clear, i dunno, i almost seemed like my acne was gone, i went out to party that night (yay finally a clear moment, lets live!!! :P)

then i met this girl, i felt so happy when my face looked clear, that i actually started talking to her rather than the other way around!

she became my gf, but as time passed, acne came back, i totally stressed out about seeing her, but i didnt notice a single change in her behavior because of it.

she didnt fell for me because of my clear skin that evening, she fell for me because i was confident!

so if u want a bf, be confident, the way you feel really does affect the way you look! and i know you are afraid of beeing rejected because of your acne, i still am.

but wether you have acne or not, getting rejected just happens sometimes :P

i hope you find someone soon, but dont stress out about it, your 16 so you have still got all the time in the world to find someone!! (i dont mean to be offensive about your age, sry if i do)

keep it up!

your post has really made my day :]

its nice to know that there are non superficial people out there.

confidence is a big thing, and i know i have to be more confident ( im pretty introverted)

its just hard :(

haha and you werent offensive at all! i know it may seem abit over the top saying "no patronising comments" .. but believe me .. ive had so many little patronising comments over the years about my age and my acne and it gets tiring hehe ...

thankyou for responding, this has made me feel alot better and alot more hopeful :)

my god you sound like me lol.

I was that exact person, weighed down by constantly feeling like i am 'the ugly one' of my group of friends. And yea,it was true. Teenage years were not good for me and throughout school i was the ugly one, thats definitely what i think looking back anyway. I look at pictures of myself even from when i was 18/19 and i think 'hideous,just hideous'.

Teenage years can just be awful for some people, i know on the relationship front they were for me. And boys of that age are twits. Thats all you need to know. I dated some guy when i was 17 and he broke up with me after seeing me with no make-up on :eh: That pretty much sums up my teenage years. A mess.

The way i see it now though is like this, teenage years = awful. early adult years = wonderful.

You mite at the minute see no possible change for you on the horizon. I know i sure as hell didnt. But i was wrong. Im turning 22 soon and couldnt be happier. I still get my 'ugly days' same as everyone else. The difference now is,when im having one, i have an amazing boyfriend to look me in the eye and say 'your gorgeous' and then i feel like there is no acne weight bearing down on me.

I hope you achieve a simliar ending to the teenage yeras as i did. Because i know that recent times have started to very slowly erase some of the awful memories of adolescence.

Hang in there.

the ones i know are awful! the stupid ones have a tendency to point out my spots and say stupid things like connect the dots and crap like that and it makes me so angry (yet its quite hurtful).

and the guy you were dating at 17 sounds like a prize A prick.

i really hope your right about it getting better as i get older, cause at the moment, any kind of romance just doesnt seem to be in the cards.

thankyou for your post :]

I'm sorry you feel lonely. I read a topic here the other day then took a look around, and lots of girls had slight acne and bumps. it's not rare, you aren't alone. nobody cares much anyway. Just go around and talk and make friends.

You're not alone. I felt the same at your age.

I'm 20 now and still waiting for a boyfriend, sometimes I feel like such a failure. I feel so ugly especially when all my friends seem to be getting bfs/gfs. The guys in my Uni flat flirt with all the other girls, but never me.

I just want someone to care about me, not just use me until the person they're waiting for comes along. So often I feel like my friends are just passing time because no one else is around. But then I feel like I'm being selfish.

Fortunately I have my faith which at least I can rely on; sometimes it feels like its all I've got (but it's enough).

Keep positive, I'm sure there's hope and love for us all out there.

*hug*

You shouldn't have much trouble, you look beautiful.

*hug*

You shouldn't have much trouble, you look beautiful.

Thank you =] Thats very sweet of you