Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MonarchX

Which cleansers actually clean dirt without removing good skin oil?

I tried Cetaphil anti-bacterial bar (supposedly non-comedogenic) but I got small breaks out on body and it totally removed oil when applied to face (which induced more oil production).

I tried Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser and it did not irritate skin as much and did not cause break outs, BUT when I wipe my face or body with a SA 2% pads - they are either yellow (from face) or dirty from (from body).

So are there cleansers that are not harsh and remove only dirt without removing all the good skin oil?

Also, does anyone know how to properly use wipes (after shower/face wash of course)? They help me but am I supposed to barely touch the face with them or should I push in a rub it lightly to exfoliate? Exfoliating lightly tends to get rid of more skin cells, but I'm afraid to clog my pores too!

...and it totally removed oil when applied to face (which induced more oil production).

Baloney. It doesn't work that way.

...and it totally removed oil when applied to face (which induced more oil production).

Baloney. It doesn't work that way.

Really? I always thought hot water and stripping oils with soaps promotes further oil production which can further clog your pores if you rub it in with fingers/hands, etc.

SpectroJel and Spectro Derm are great - http://www.spectroskincare.com/skin_cleansers_product.aspx .

And if you want to understand how they work, check this link - http://www.spectroskincare.com/understandi...ur_skin_01.aspx . They really know their stuff. This page convinced me to try their product, and no regrets here. It's the best thing I've done for my skin in a long while. (Check the panel on the right of the page; there are more links).

Guest missyjean130

I use Aveeno ultra-calming foam cleanser because it cleanses without soap.

Soap is irritating,drying, and just not very good to use on my skin.

Really? I always thought hot water and stripping oils with soaps promotes further oil production which can further clog your pores if you rub it in with fingers/hands, etc.

You've been here for the last THREE YEARS, but you still think that washing promotes further oil production? Seriously? :doh:

You've been here for the last THREE YEARS, but you still think that washing promotes further oil production? Seriously? :doh:

So what is the major reason for clogged pores?

I found out that I break out when I touch forehead (like wipe the sweat off with my hands) when my forehead is oily. A few days later pimples would form. When I was in the shower I was always rubbing my face with my hands to get rid of the oil and then use the cleanser. I think that is what caused my acne. As I rubbed my face without soap under water - I was clogging pores. Now I just let water splash on my face and use sponge with cleanser to gently exfoliate. Using hands or fingers seems less effective and has more of that rub-in action while sponges simply exfoliate upper layer.

Also, why is it that after washing my face and body even with anti-bacterial Cetaphil soap the cleaning pads still get yellow or grey dirty! How the hell am I supposed to acctually get clean? I even gently use one of those synthetic sponges made from thin wire (to exfoliate a bit).

Hyperkeratinization.

Also, why is it that after washing my face and body even with anti-bacterial Cetaphil soap the cleaning pads still get yellow or grey dirty!

Cetaphil isn't a particularly good cleanser.

How the hell am I supposed to acctually get clean?

If you decide to use a cleanser that's stronger than Cetaphil, be sure and use it gently.

Hyperkeratinization.

Also, why is it that after washing my face and body even with anti-bacterial Cetaphil soap the cleaning pads still get yellow or grey dirty!

Cetaphil isn't a particularly good cleanser.

How the hell am I supposed to acctually get clean?

If you decide to use a cleanser that's stronger than Cetaphil, be sure and use it gently.

What cleanser would you recommend? I can only get OTC because I move around a lot and won't have time to wait for online delivery!

I know that back when I used some old Axe liquid soap or some 3x Old Spice Sports cleanser that made me clean but I broke out real bad on body.

I was wondering that maybe there is a good cleanser that cleans body better than current Cetaphil but isn't too harsh on skin. Is there such cleanser?

I would love to try Spectrogel and other adviced cleansers, but I am limited to OTCs sold in CVS, Wallgreens, Walmart, etc. Do they sell any decent cleansers that clean well but aren't very harsh/comedogenic? Apparently, the really popular and high rated Cetaphil Anti-bacterial Bar cleanser leaves plenty of dirt and dead cells behind!

I use Prescriptives Comfort Cleanser for Sensitive Skin and I get it in Macys. It's not foamy at all but more like a light lotion texture. It doesn't seem as heavy as Cetaphil.

I use Prescriptives Comfort Cleanser for Sensitive Skin and I get it in Macys. It's not foamy at all but more like a light lotion texture. It doesn't seem as heavy as Cetaphil.

But if you wipe with an alcohol or peroxide wipe after using it, will it get grey/yellow?

But if you wipe with an alcohol or peroxide wipe after using it, will it get grey/yellow?

I've never done an alcohol or peroxide wipe after it. Before my new PC regimen I used the Prescriptives cleanser, and sometimes followed it up with their Immediate Glow toner. It doesn't seem like that toner has much alcohol in it, but I can tell you there's no yellowing when I use the toner. The cleanser seems to do a good job of doing what it's supposed to do.

I'm probably going to switch back to my Prescriptives cleanser when I run out of my Paula's Choice cleanser. They seem to have the same consistency.

I have been using Dermalogica Ultra calming cleaner for face and eyes. It doesn't foam up at all but it makes my skin feel amazing. It gets rid of all my makeup (I wear alot during the day) and it calms down the look of my red marks. I looove it :)

Use celeteque facial cleanser with NMF(natural moisturizing factor)

for me its the best soap that fits into my very sensitive and oily skin

try to google it and youll never regret