Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ive been on the regimen for around 6 weeks now an i can see a change but not much

I ran out of cleanser so just ordered some more and some AHA from Acne.org store

Just wondering what exactly i do with it?

oh and if anyone could answer why im so bloody tanned/red from the regimen. would help!? :)

Thanks x

using the full two pumps now but redness is starting to go away

is it true you get tanned quicker when using bp?

i dont usually burn you see

Some chemicals can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight, which is why it's important to use sunscreen if you're going to be outside for any period of time. AHA in particular will make you sensitive, so if you're going to start using it, definitely invest in a good sunscreen.

SPF 15 is pretty good for day-to-day (try Olay Complete for sensitive skin). If you're spending a lot of time outside, though, you might want to look for something with a higher SPF.

thanks for the reply, I just play soccer, thats like less than 2 hours outdoors, and its only 2 or 3 times a week. I'm going to purchase Olay moisturzer tomorrow.

is it okay to use AHA every morning and night instead of the moisturiser as without my skin still feels tight and sore "/

is it okay to use AHA every morning and night instead of the moisturiser as without my skin still feels tight and sore "/

Q: Is there anything special I should know about using AHA?

A: If you are new to the Regimen, we do not recommend starting out by including the AHA+ lotion. Give yourself at least three weeks or so to let your skin get accustomed to the benzoyl peroxide before you consider adding in the AHA+ lotion. If you have super sensitive skin, try only a small dab of it under the jaw line for a few days to make sure your skin reacts to it well. When you are ready, start out by using a small amount once daily, or every other day, for the first week or two so you can see how your skin is going to react to it. Then you may increase the amount and frequency as you see fit. Next, Alpha Hydroxy Acids can make the skin more sensitive to the sun, so it is important for you to use a sunscreen each day while using an AHA. This is no joke. My skin is definitely more sensitive to the sun after using AHA for a few days. Prevent burning by using a moisturizer that has SPF in it or a separate sunscreen. I recommend Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin plus a few drops of jojoba oil as the best SPF sunscreen. Lastly, be sure that no other products you are using have any AHA in them. This will most commonly be listed on the ingredient label as glycolic acid or lactic acid.

So, no, don't start out by using AHA twice a day. Use it every other day at night. But do invest in a good moisturizer so you will not have that tight skin feeling. You can even add in a drop or two of jojoba oil to your current moisturizer (in your palm, NOT added to the whole bottle!) to help with the tightness/flakiness.

ive bought (well my mom has :P) the sunscreen recommended olay complete sensitive skin, im yet to use it though

can i add some jojoba to it when i do?

also ive been on the regimen an using AHA for some time now so i cant see any negative effects from using it day and night, the acne.org moisturiser just doesn't moisturise at all for me even when i add jojoba oil to it :S

oh and i use jojoba after cleanser then wipe carefully with a towel which gets rid of the flakes, its bloody useful if you didnt know that already!? :)

x

I love british accents! I think they are so sexy on guys. I can envision you saying that, "Why am I so bloody red!" :wub:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha nice one :)

my face got really dry yesterday and was really tight D:

so i havent used BP last night or this morning

is it because ive been using two full pumps twice a day?

no moisturiser works :(