Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MCBORIS

10 weeks into accutane course

Okay I'm 10 weeks in on 40mg Roaccutane. I weigh 70kg.

I feel that my acne on my face gets better then worse in a cycle. I think it's finally starting to clear up now. However, I also feel that I have a couple of small scars, the odd one on my chin or cheek. Does anyone think it is the accutane that caused this because my skin usually heals fine and I have never got scars like this...

Other than that, my back acne is almost completely non existent, mostly fading scars. Which is good...

Also the side effects aren't bad for me. Just dryness on face and eyes. I take Fish Oil, my joints are fine.

So yeah just wondering if people could share what they think in regard to scars, the initial breakout etc, because I'm not entirely convinced acne is going to leave me after the course. By the way I have moderate acne on face, neck, shoulders, back.

Thanks, any input appreciated.

Your derm will tell you that accutane inhibits healing meaning that it slows it down alot..your skin becomes thinner than usual on the meds so thats why they say DONT PICK at your skin.. The red marks will fade after you get off the accutane..

I feel that my acne on my face gets better then worse in a cycle. I think it's finally starting to clear up now.

That sounds a lot like my experience. My acne would fluctuate between a little better, a little worse, and gradually cleared up altogether.

However, I also feel that I have a couple of small scars, the odd one on my chin or cheek. Does anyone think it is the accutane that caused this because my skin usually heals fine and I have never got scars like this...

Yeah, it doe seem Accutane makes some people more susceptible to scarring. But it can also rebuild collagen, which is good for scars. I'd say keep your face moisturized and protected from the sun, and hope for the best.

Okay just a check up...

I'm about 12 weeks (about 3 months) into the treatment and my back, shoulders and chest are completely clear...

However, my face is really gross with a lot of pimples and similar on my neck...

im havin the same problem..in week 6 right now.. back and shoulders cleared up but the face is worse than ever...unfort we all have diff skin and react to things differently..i wish someone could tell me what exactly is going to happen so i can prepare for it lol..