Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

While perusing this board, I've seen people mention drinking vinegar or lemon juice. I don't understand why drinking either of those things might help acne. Would somebody mind providing me with an explanation? Thanks.

Raw apple cider vinegar and lemon juice are typically considered digestive aids because they can help breakdown food. If you dilute them in water (I try drinking this thru a straw to protect tooth enamel) it's a great way to increase digestibility of higher-carb foods.

My grandmother used to drink the juice of 1/2 a grapefruit before supper and she is slim, healthy and active today at 88! I see her walking everwhere too, she's a social butterfly and even has a boyfriend! I don't even have a boyfriend ;)

Yes, their primary benefit is digestion. Also, acidic foods at start of a meal somehow improve blood sugar metabolism.

So there would be no benefit to drinking something acidic right after a meal?

Yes, their primary benefit is digestion. Also, acidic foods at start of a meal somehow improve blood sugar metabolism.

So there would be no benefit to drinking something acidic right after a meal?

Maybe, but not as much as if you consumed it before or during the meal.