Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heres johnny

i think im going to suffer with acne forever

I been struggling with acne since grade school and still to this day I'm breaking out and depressed about my appearance. I been on accutane twice and they seemed to work in the beginning, but my acne came back again a few months after the treatments. It really sucks to suffer with acne and I been struggling with it for years now and as each day goes by i seem to get worse and worse(psychology speaking). I HATE THIS

I been struggling with acne since grade school and still to this day I'm breaking out and depressed about my appearance. I been on accutane twice and they seemed to work in the beginning, but my acne came back again a few months after the treatments. It really sucks to suffer with acne and I been struggling with it for years now and as each day goes by i seem to get worse and worse(psychology speaking). I HATE THIS

TAKE A GINOURMEOUS DEEP BREATH DUDE, I KNOW ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING HAVING THIS CRAPPY SKIN CONDITION, IM GOING THROUGH THE SAME, AND ALL I FEEL MORE THAN ANYTHING IS ANGER, IM SICK OF IT JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE BUT WHAT THE HELL WE GONNA DO IF THE MEDICATIONS WE USING ONLY WORK FOR A LIL WHILE ? WE GOTTA KEEP OUR HEADS UP HIGH EVEN THOUGH ITS HARD AND HOPE AND BELIEVE THIS WILL ALL GO AWAY. AND JUST TO LET U KNOW I CHECKED UR GALLERY AND UR SKIN LOOKS F-ING PERFECT, DAMM I WISH MY SKIN LOOKED LIKE THAT BUT ITS COVERED IN MARKS AND SCARS, CHEER UP DUDE YOU LOOK FINE.

That does suck. I haven't tried Accutane, but I am all too familiar with the frustration of trying everything, and still breaking out. Stay up. You'll pull yourself out of this.

I think you should incorporate some new activities in your life. Yes, your problems are very real, but you need to find an appropriate balance. Acne cannot control your thoughts for the entire day. There are different hobbies that you can pursue to bring some momentary peace to your life. Try looking at your strengths, and evaluate those on your spare time. A pessimist always focuses on the weak points. An optimist is always trying to become better.

All of us who have suffered acne over the years knows how you feel. All I can say is, stay positive.

I refused to try accutane mainly because it's a pill and I'm sick of pills. I've been prescribed numerous anti-depressants and sleeping pills over the years and they never worked.

Pills will never fix all your problems

But anyways, like Tupac shakur have said, "Keep ya head up."

What I've learned so far in my years being on this planet is that things will always work out by themselves.

I've had a lot of bad times and a lot of things have happened to me that in my opinion I don't think I should have gone through. I still go through some things occasionally.

But things always work out for themselves. Don't change anything, just keep doing what you're doing... I know that probably sounds like the crappiest advice but I have learnt that much. Take for instance when me and my friend were fighting. I wanted to say so many things to him but I didn't and I am glad I didn't, because with some time things worked out...

:shrug:

Just take it. It'll get better, just let life work it's way out. :)